Customers and their priceless speakers

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I had a fella bring some white van special speakers to my work the other day (for those that don't know, I work for a Pawn Broker).

These are the questionable speakers.

The speakers where still inside the box, which looks like this.

Thank you Phillip Gable.:D

The guy comes into our store and tells us he has some speakers out in his car he would like us to give him a price. We get out to his Jeep Grand Cherokee and he opens the hatch. Low and behold, a new, in the box, never opened DiVinci sound system with a $2499 MSRP.:D I asked him how much he was trying to get. He tells me he purchased them from a "friend" at work for $300 and he would like to get at least $200. I told him I wouldn't be able to get him that much. He countered by asking "well how much will you pay for them?" I stand and think a moment about my answer (this guy looked a bit rough;)). I said, "I'm sorry but the most I could get you on this system would be $30".

Now it would make sense that he would attempt to fool me into buying them. Looking at the fact the speakers have not even been opened leads me to believe he knows what they are and he's trying to offload them on us "dumb pawn brokers" or he's the proprietor of the scam trying to offload on us "dumb pawn brokers". Nope, not this guy.:D

He immediately slams his hatch shut and calls me a *richard* as he storms toward his driver's side door. He continues muttering to himself about how much of an a-hole I am and peels out of our parking lot. Considering his reaction I am also surprised he didn't physically attack me.:D

I wonder if he did physically attack me, would I be able to file suit against the "white van speaker scam conglomerate"?:D

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I wonder if he did physically attack me, would I be able to file suit against the "white van speaker scam conglomerate"?:D
Only if you could prove he is an employee of theirs. But, you could report him for criminal prosecution and civil court and get all his speakers at $30 per box rate, his truck and whatever else he has:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Only if you could prove he is an employee of theirs. But, you could report him for criminal prosecution and civil court and get all his speakers at $30 per box rate, his truck and whatever else he has:D
I meant could I file suit based on violence that people experience based around a product that makes people feel low of themselves and others.:D

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
He immediately slams his hatch shut and calls me a *richard* as he storms toward his driver's side door. He continues muttering to himself about how much of an a-hole I am and peels out of our parking lot. Considering his reaction I am also surprised he didn't physically attack me.:D

He's not that stupid. Rude, yes, but not stupid.

Like it or not, he's a businessman just like you. You let him know, politely and in no uncertain terms, that you know exactly what he's selling. He knows his schtick doesn't work on you and he's not gonna make any money sticking around and went looking for more fertile (fertilized?) ground.

Of course, calling you names on the way out didn't win any accolades on my part. As Yoda would say, "Fargin' crybaby he is"

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If he was a better salesman and you weren't 'in the know' he'd have flipped you like a burger. :D

"$30 a piece? For all six of them that's only $180. I really need to get 2 hundred to get tires for my mom's car." :)

I invoke the don't ask don't tell policy. :rolleyes:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
If he was a better salesman and you weren't 'in the know' he'd have flipped you like a burger. :D

"$30 a piece? For all six of them that's only $180. I really need to get 2 hundred to get tires for my mom's car." :)

I invoke the don't ask don't tell policy. :rolleyes:
I'd like to see him try and convince me, being how I have more extensive knowledge about his speakers than the average joe.;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think he was mad because he figured out too late that he paid too much for that crap and now he has to eat it because he is has SUCKER written across his forehead. He isn't mad at you for being honest, he is mad at himself for getting taken advantage of. That is, if he isn't the one trying to perpetuate the scam...

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
here is the response to an MSRP question I asked a ebay seller on them

"The MSRP is a ‘Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price’ that is for advertising purposes. Only a true market such as eBay will determine the actual price. The MSRP is just a ‘suggested’ price; it does not necessarily mean that is what it is sold for, etc.
Everything is genuine and brand new with the correct parts. I do not have a retail outlet etc. and so it would be impossible to see them or hear them without purchasing them (and unfortunately there is no exchange/refund if you simply don't like them, only for defects).
I am able to get them so cheap because the very large quantities that I buy.
Overall, customers are happy with what they receive for the value (what they pay).

Regards,

SublimeAudio"

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
here is the response to an MSRP question I asked a ebay seller on them

"The MSRP is a ‘Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price’ that is for advertising purposes. Only a true market such as eBay will determine the actual price. The MSRP is just a ‘suggested’ price; it does not necessarily mean that is what it is sold for, etc.
Everything is genuine and brand new with the correct parts. I do not have a retail outlet etc. and so it would be impossible to see them or hear them without purchasing them (and unfortunately there is no exchange/refund if you simply don't like them, only for defects).
I am able to get them so cheap because the very large quantities that I buy.
Overall, customers are happy with what they receive for the value (what they pay).

Regards,

SublimeAudio"
Sneaky people, doing sneaky things.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Seth=L,

While I don't envy you for having to go through that crap with him, I do find it VERY funny how he reacted. Those things look like they are made out of cheesy plastic parts. It would have been interesting if you could have gotten them so we could have gotten a review...:D

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
I have a Michelangeololoe sound system for sale.... ;) lol

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis