Custom Build JL Audio 13W1v2-4 project

L

lbolts20

Junior Audioholic
went out Saturday night with the wife and friends. We were talking that next weekend we should all goto the theatre and see the new batman movie as everyone said you need to see it in the theatre to get the full effect. I said the theatre is expensive and don't sell beer and we should watch a movie at my house and check out my new home theatre. 2 of the guys came over tonight and watched transformers. Afterwards they both said there skipping seeing batman in the theatres and are waiting to watch it on dvd at my house. They told me I should buy one of those 3 person theatre seats before it comes out on dvd. They both said they never heard anything so good. Both of them have htib systems. I sure am glad I found this site before I purchased a sub at the store, now I know what I would have been missing. For those of you reading this that are debating whether to spend money on a decent sub or go cheap. The sub makes all the difference in the world watching movies and sounds great with music. My speakers sound a ton better now that I have this sub. I don't think I'll ever step foot in a movie theatre ever again. I may have to up my netflix from 2 at a time to 3.

Matt34

Matt34

went out Saturday night with the wife and friends. We were talking that next weekend we should all goto the theatre and see the new batman movie as everyone said you need to see it in the theatre to get the full effect. I said the theatre is expensive and don't sell beer and we should watch a movie at my house and check out my new home theatre. 2 of the guys came over tonight and watched transformers. Afterwards they both said there skipping seeing batman in the theatres and are waiting to watch it on dvd at my house. They told me I should buy one of those 3 person theatre seats before it comes out on dvd. They both said they never heard anything so good. Both of them have htib systems. I sure am glad I found this site before I purchased a sub at the store, now I know what I would have been missing. For those of you reading this that are debating whether to spend money on a decent sub or go cheap. The sub makes all the difference in the world watching movies and sounds great with music. My speakers sound a ton better now that I have this sub. I don't think I'll ever step foot in a movie theatre ever again. I may have to up my netflix from 2 at a time to 3.

Congrats on the sub.:D I don't go to the movies anymore unless it's something I really want to see, even then, I'll rent/buy it once it comes out on DVD to experience it in my room.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
this build is on my list of possibles. can i see some "placed" pics. and the box dimensions ?

thanx

annunaki

annunaki

External dimensions: 25.5" H x 17.5" W x 29.5" D

That height excludes the "feet".

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
Annunaki
Did you use t-nuts for the sub? If yes what size did you use.
I got some from parts express but the they are too big.

thanks

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
annunkai

can you tell me the steps you used to paint that box?

thanks

annunaki

annunaki

Step 1: Prime the enclosure. I did not do this and I used a lot more paint! It still worked fine but primer would have helped. There is a primer out there called BIN. It works really well.

Step 2: Get an even base coat of black down (or the color of your choice).

Step 3: Spray an even coat of fleck stone down. Be sure to go a tad heavier in areas that may see higher wear.

Step 4: Spray another even coat of your base color

Step 5: Spray an even coat of the fleck stone to finish.

Be sure to let each coat fully dry. I let mine cure in the sun after each coat. I then let the enclosure air out in the garage for 2 days as I did not want it to smell up lbolts20's home.

A

aoessand

Audiophyte
ill be starting my build of this same sub/amp soon just gotta get rid of this dang flu!

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Wow....excellent build Rob. I know who to talk to when I finally decide to upgrade.

T

Threedprof

Audiophyte
the build looks awesome! I'm curious if the box dimensions would change any if the driver was a JL Audio 13W6v2-D4?

annunaki

annunaki

the build looks awesome! I'm curious if the box dimensions would change any if the driver was a JL Audio 13W6v2-D4?
While the 13W6v2 would work in this enclosure, it is not the optimum enclosure for this driver. A specified enclosure for the w6v2 would be recommended.

Performance would be pretty good overall however so long as one uses the 20hz high pass filter 2nd order to keep vent velocity in check.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis