Crown XLi 800 Issue

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
So I had got my new Crown XLi 800 amp and when I have it hooked to my receiver the left side works for 10 seconds and this goes very quiet and when I have the amp hooked to my computer it works fine on both channels what is my issue I have a feeling it is something with my receiver I have everything hooked up correctly but I don't understand why this is happening? I have a 4 ohm load on my amp and it is meant to go that ohms 4 ohms minimum and 8 ohms normal.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So I had got my new Crown XLi 800 amp and when I have it hooked to my receiver the left side works for 10 seconds and this goes very quiet and when I have the amp hooked to my computer it works fine on both channels what is my issue I have a feeling it is something with my receiver I have everything hooked up correctly but I don't understand why this is happening? I have a 4 ohm load on my amp and it is meant to go that ohms 4 ohms minimum and 8 ohms normal.
Reverse the channels into the Crown amp, and see of the fault stays with the receiver or the amp. My bet is on the receiver. The speaker load will have nothing to do with this. This is a vital test before we can get to square one.

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
Reverse the channels into the Crown amp, and see of the fault stays with the receiver or the amp. My bet is on the receiver. The speaker load will have nothing to do with this. This is a vital test before we can get to square one.
I'm a bit confused on reverse the channels was you talking about the left and right from my receiver and reverse from the way they are? the signal cables left and right?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I'm a bit confused on reverse the channels was you talking about the left and right from my receiver and reverse from the way they are? the signal cables left and right?
Yes, of course that is what you have to do to begin to sort this out.

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
Ok so what I just experienced was the signal was somewhat distorted.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Just to be sure, are you using the pre out on the receiver for the channels you want the Crown to handle? And, of course the speakers connected to the Crown.
Also, if it is hooked up properly, run the internal test tone setup on the receiver and see hgow the Crown behaves.

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
But you still have not done the crucial test to decide the issue! What you just posted means absolutely " Sweet Fanny Adams!"
Just to be sure, are you using the pre out on the receiver for the channels you want the Crown to handle? And, of course the speakers connected to the Crown.
Also, if it is hooked up properly, run the internal test tone setup on the receiver and see hgow the Crown behaves.
Ok to both of you have got me started on getting it fixed to tell you it's fully fixed I searched up more on this and they said it was the rca connections on the back of the unit and I cleaned those with Electronic Cleaner and it is like new again cleaned the hell out of them never would of thought it would be that.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Ok to both of you have got me started on getting it fixed to tell you it's fully fixed I searched up more on this and they said it was the rca connections on the back of the unit and I cleaned those with Electronic Cleaner and it is like new again cleaned the hell out of them never would of thought it would be that.
Thanks.
Yes, very interesting indeed. Not one that one would think of doing initially but I guess, maybe we should start with that first and is easy and cheap.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis