Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Seems interesting for sure but no, have never heard of them before. By the way, won't you consider the Monolith that AH just reviewed? That things really look attractive in terms of $/Watt, if you don't mind the bulk and the weight.
I know that it has very good specs and seems to be well built. But I really mind about the depth of 19" or so and the weight as well. Moreover, if I was using 6 of the amps to bi-amp the front channels, I would have a remaining amp with no practical use for it.
Don't forget that, because of its weight, only the shipping cost makes you think of ordering something else.
Another factor is that service is probably not available in Canada, with possibility of other additional shipping costs should it be needed. Also, external help would be needed to carry the darn thing.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
@Verdinut Thank you for the feedback. There is nothing wrong with full time class AB, as I mentioned before, lots of class AB amps operate this way, but the DCA1222 with switching power supply also is a good option for sure.
PENG,

Yesterday, I posted the new thread with my initial impressions on the QSC DCA 1222 amp which I received last week.

As promised, I did it and I'm anxious to get the two other units to complete my front channel amplification.
Cheers,

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Peng
The most important thing to know about your neighbors is what it sounds like when they unlock their gun racks. When you hear that sound, knock the volume control back a couple of clicks.:p

I just read this entire thread. I had an interest in the QSC and the Crown amps during the last month. I believe one of the posters in this chain pointed them out to me to consider. I did so. What I read in the comparisons is the build quality on the QSC appears to be of a higher standard than on the Crowns. Hence, harder to cause a failure with rugged or intense use as one of the posters here highlights. Both series of amps appear to have very good $/value ratios.

What an interesting discussion. I appreciated being able to read an entire thread without someone throwing mud at someone else.
Buck,

Yesterday, I posted a new thread with my initial impressions on the QSC DCA 1222 amplifier which I received last week.
I knew it would interest you.
Cheers,

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I'll be interested to hear your listening impressions. QSC makes a great amp. Especially the series you are looking at.

I am curious though, did you consider the Crown amps at all and if now why?
Panteragstk,

Yesterday, I posted a new thread giving my initial impressions on the first QSC DCA 1222 amplifier which I received last week.
As promised, I did it and I'm anxious to get the two other units to complete the amplification of the three front channels.
Cheers,

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@Verdinut you could just hit reply button in each post you want to reply to, and instead of three separate responses, put them all in a single response....just FYI.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
PENG,

Yesterday, I posted the new thread with my initial impressions on the QSC DCA 1222 amp which I received last week.

As promised, I did it and I'm anxious to get the two other units to complete my front channel amplification.
Cheers,
Read it, congrats!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis