Crossover not working? ;[

SunnyOctopus

SunnyOctopus

Audioholic
I replaced the potentiometers on my sub and everything seems to have gone smoothly. They no longer crackle or beep like they used, but the bass is still easily localizable with the crossover set to 51hz, and the crossover on both the sub and the computer still seem#more#like a volume knob...running test tones and using an spl meter shows that the sub is playing above what it's supposed to.

Crossover on computer set to:80hz
Crossover on sub set to: 150hz
(the results are the same, but with lower dbs all around if I lower either crossover)

25HZ: 75db
40HZ: 79db
80hz: 92db
125hz: 85db
160hz: 85
200hz: 66

Wha do I do? Please help me. ; [

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!

UPDATE!: If I don't touch sound redirection feature on my soundcard and do it through foobar2000, the sub does not play above the set crossover.
Edit: Wait...yes it does.. >_>

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I replaced the potentiometers on my sub and everything seems to have gone smoothly. They no longer crackle or beep like they used, but the bass is still easily localizable with the crossover set to 51hz, and the crossover on both the sub and the computer still seem#more#like a volume knob...running test tones and using an spl meter shows that the sub is playing above what it's supposed to.

Crossover on computer set to:80hz
Crossover on sub set to: 150hz
(the results are the same, but with lower dbs all around if I lower either crossover)

25HZ: 75db
40HZ: 79db
80hz: 92db
125hz: 85db
160hz: 85
200hz: 66

Wha do I do? Please help me. ; [

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!

UPDATE!: If I don't touch sound redirection feature on my soundcard and do it through foobar2000, the sub does not play above the set crossover.
Edit: Wait...yes it does.. >_>
See my answer in your other thread.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
OK your other thread makes sense now. Replace the sub.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis