Crosby, Stills, and Nash "Crosby Stills And Nash"

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic

Medium: Audio CD
Speakers used: Front left and right

CSN's debut album in 1969.

Good Harmonies through out.

1. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (7:23) - "I've got an answer, I'm going to fly away, what've I got to loose?"

Great harmonics as I mentioned before, and it's also the longest track on the CD.

2. Marrakesh Express (2:38) - "Don't you know we're riding on the Marrakesh Express? Don't you know we're riding on the Marrakesh Express? They're taking me to Marrakesh! All aboard the train..."

A popular song, and a good one at that. However, I find that this song lacks the amount of harmonics in the first track, still a great song though.

3. Guinnevere (4:39) - A relativley slow song, however, still a great song! Just not my fave.

4. You Dont Have To Cry (2:44) - "In the morning, when you rise, do you think of me and how you left me crying?"

Another great song! I like the use of acoustic guitars, howener, the use of the harmonics isnt as good on this track as the previous three.

5. Pre-Road Downs (2:55) - Again! Another great song! This time using a synthesiser, it also sounds like the extra guitar track is backward on the left channel.

6. Wooden Ships (5:27) - I have heard this song many times before, but I still like it. Not much for harmonies though, but still a great song!

7. Lady Of The Island (2:38) - I dont really like this track, too slow, I usually skip it.

8. Helplessy Hoping (2:41) - "heartlessly helping himself to her bad dreams, he worries, did he hear a goodbye? Or even Hello"

GREAT track! awesome harmonies!

9. Long Time Gone (4:15) - "...time, its a long long time before the dawn"

Alot of bass on this track, it vibrated the floor, I swear! A great track though!

10. 49 Bye-Byes (5:13) - This isnt my favourite song on this CD, but it's still pretty good.

A great CD. This one is played quite often by me. :)

Bob R

Bob R

Enthusiast
So, then let an old (grew up in the 60's) fart recommend these two discs to you:

Pure harmony and magic. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis