defmoot

defmoot

Audioholic
Nice shot. And nice shooter :)
Thanks. It's a stout little pup. Still have it.

I looked at one of those to replace our Victoria Police model .38SPL S&W :(
Did you mean "Victory" model? (dang auto-correct...)

Not sure what happened, but it sounds like you "lost" it the hard way (stolen?).

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, it was stolen when my house got broken into last fall. Victoria Police as in Australia. This particular S&W was not sold in the US and was owned by the little lady's father and given to her as a gift by him. More sentimental value than actual value, but also an excellent firearm.

defmoot

defmoot

Audioholic
Yes, it was stolen when my house got broken into last fall. Victoria Police as in Australia. This particular S&W was not sold in the US and was owned by the little lady's father and given to her as a gift by him. More sentimental value than actual value, but also an excellent firearm.
My mistake and condolences, and man I HATE to hear that. My father had an M1 carbine bought surplus in 1961 stolen from him while he and my mom were at an Ohio State football game with me, 1981-ish. I still get boiled over that violation of our lives. And you're right, the value is in the sentiment and history of it. In both cases, a family heirloom, properly considered. Plus the fact that older Smith's have excellent actions, triggers, and finish. I wish you better luck this year.

defmoot

defmoot

Audioholic

MV Agusta F4 750 S

Shot this in 2003 or 2004, iirc. Nice bike.

And no I didn't get to ride it. Got to push it, though... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Hands down, the F4, is/was the most beautiful motorcycle in the world. I took one for a test ride, at a local shop, and returned it to the dealership within a half hour, for fear I would kill myself with a smile on my face. :eek: Stupid fast, handling was unbelievable and drop dead gorgeous. Mr. Farraci said, when I returned it, "what'za matter, you no like?". I told him the problem is I liked it too much and I didn't want to make my wife a widow, since I lack self-control. :D
2005-mv-f4-sp-1.jpg

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Sophia got jealous that I was talking about another woman and insisted I show off her goodies. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
In transit via Chi Town and noticed the main thoroughfares were making cool patterns. The first one is one the way out of there.

Now the fun starts,

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Pigeon Point Light House

Above the cove, looking down, below the shot looking west above (3rd pic)

In the cove

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
Time to bump this thread :)
I shot these pics in 2012 at a Finnish air force base. Both pictures taken with a Canon 40D and EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens. The Patrouille suisse also have the 2x EX III mounted.
Do I have to tell you that my dream is an air show in USA where the Blue Angels fly?

Patrouille suisse.jpg

F18.jpg

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
One more lucky shot before I have to go to work. From 2009 taken with Canon 40D and EF-S 18-200 with lots of people around so I was very lucky not to have the picture ruined by a bunch of heads.

Top fuel bike welding aluminum :)

nitro.jpg

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
In transit via Chi Town and noticed the main thoroughfares were making cool patterns. The first one is one the way out of there.

Now the fun starts,

Cool pics. Were you actually that close to another jet?

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
One more lucky shot before I have to go to work. From 2009 taken with Canon 40D and EF-S 18-200 with lots of people around so I was very lucky not to have the picture ruined by a bunch of heads.

Top fuel bike welding aluminum :)

View attachment 16043
Awesome :eek: Hope the driver is all right.
I wanna drive it, just not while its on fire. :)

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Howdy John,

wow, pretty nice shots ideed; congrats!!

Out of curiosity, are you kinda following Dirty Harry steps down IN SF??:p;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis