considering the Outlaw

L

LeadTrac

Audioholic Intern
Currently I am using my Yamaha 2400 as a preamp and running the mains, center and surround speakers through my Adcom 7605 (125 watts x 5). The rear surrounds are still connected to my Yamaha. I’m considering purchasing the Outlaw 950 preamp. However, if I do so I will need to get another amplifier to push the rear surround speakers. I was thinking of purchasing two Outlaw 200 M-Block amplifiers, connecting my main speakers to them and connecting rear surrounds to the Adcom. Is this a good idea? I need your feedback.

My system is used for movies 90 percent of the time.

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
I'm thinking of doing the same with my Yammy 3300. I've tried to post new threads about this but they don't show up.Hope you don't mind me butting in here. I'm considering the M 200's or just going for the 755.Reviews are good,but then most reviews on Audioreview.com are. My other options are a B&K ref 125.2 or ref 200.5.I can get the 200.5 for $2400 but I'd rather not spend that much.Sounds good hooked to ML's & Viennas but I have Axiom m60's. Plus,the specs on the Outlaw are better for $1365 delivered but I've never been able to hear it.

How good has your current setup worked for you? Is there a reason for getting the 950 to replace the 2400? Are the 125wpc sufficient,in your opinion?

I would think for HT that your idea would work just fine.But there are others here that would know better than I.

U

Unregistered

Glad I caught this post. I bought the Yamaha 1400 a 3 months ago or so and was wondering if I needed to buy an amp as well. I was considering the RBH 61-SE speakers. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

L

LeadTrac

Audioholic Intern
Well I am not really replacing my Yamaha. I will keep it in our family room as the nucleus of my secondary system. However, I am also putting together a system I will use in a dedicated HT I am going to put on the third floor of our house. Actually I like my Yamaha and I am satisfied with its performance. But joining it with a power amp, really made it sing. Quite a few people I know use their receivers as a pre/pro. In reference to the 1400, you can connect a power amp to it and I am sure it will perform well, but the big question is do you really need the extra power. If you have a large room or speakers that require a lot of power by all means go for it. But if you do not really need it why bother? Take that money and buy a universal DVD player or whatever else floats your HT boat.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis