Connecting Two Receivers?

P

propaddy22

Audiophyte
I have a Denon AVR-2307Ci with Polk Monitor 60 (L/R), CS2 (center), f/xi3 (surrounds), and a self powered PSW 404 sub in one room; and another Denon AVR 1600 powering paradigms with a 4speaker impedence matching control box. There are two speakers (in-wall) that are powered by the 1600 in the same room as the other system. Those two speakers as well as some outside are turned on/off with the imedence control box. Is there a way i can run those two in-wall speakers (from the 1600) while watching SAT/DVD on the AVR-2307 by connecting the two recievers? and if so how?....or would it be a better idea to re-wire the 2 in-walls into the the 2307 as Zone-2 7.1? Any suggestions appreciated!

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a Denon AVR-2307Ci with Polk Monitor 60 (L/R), CS2 (center), f/xi3 (surrounds), and a self powered PSW 404 sub in one room; and another Denon AVR 1600 powering paradigms with a 4speaker impedence matching control box. There are two speakers (in-wall) that are powered by the 1600 in the same room as the other system. Those two speakers as well as some outside are turned on/off with the imedence control box. Is there a way i can run those two in-wall speakers (from the 1600) while watching SAT/DVD on the AVR-2307 by connecting the two recievers? and if so how?....or would it be a better idea to re-wire the 2 in-walls into the the 2307 as Zone-2 7.1? Any suggestions appreciated!
Modern receivers do not have a tape monitor loop generally, so you will not be able to do this. Go the rewire route.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Look in the link for the Zone 2 output at the top right corner of the area outlined in white, on the left side. If the speakers are connected to the AVR-1700, you should be able to set the Zone 2 output of the 2307CI to a level that won't exceed what the source inputs on the AVR-1700 can use. You could also use the optical out to feed the 1700's optical input. You'll need to look in the manual for the 1700 since it's not easy to find online (the 2307manual is still available) so you can determine what needs to be done in the setup menu. You'll also need a set of RCA cables from the source(s) you'll want to listen to outside because the 2307CI doesn't decode digital to analog for Zone 2 if you use the Zone 2 output.

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3309.asp?ProductName=AVR-2307CI:+7.1+CH/5.1+2+CH+Independent+Zone+Home+Theater+Receiver#

P

propaddy22

Audiophyte
Thank you. I just ended up re-wiring those two speakers through the walls last night to the back of the 2307ci. which way would be best to connect those speakers? Directly connect them to the zone2, or preamp them through the bac of the sub? I hav enough wire to do whatever is needed...i just want the highest quality sound possible from this system?

hometheatermag.com/images/archivesart/206polk.2

**add (.jpeg) to above line of txt to see rear connections for the powered sub** the site wont let me type in a link due to me not having enough posts to do so yet

Last edited:
Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Thank you. I just ended up re-wiring those two speakers through the walls last night to the back of the 2307ci. which way would be best to connect those speakers? Directly connect them to the zone2, or preamp them through the bac of the sub? I hav enough wire to do whatever is needed...i just want the highest quality sound possible from this system?

hometheatermag.com/images/archivesart/206polk.2

**add (.jpeg) to above line of txt to see rear connections for the powered sub** the site wont let me type in a link due to me not having enough posts to do so yet
Why not use the Zone 2 speaker's binding posts of your receiver.

Here: @ http://hometheatermag.com/completesystems/206polk/index2.html

* And connect the "Sub Pre Out" from your receiver to the "LFE In" on your subwoofer.

Bob

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis