Connecting TV to home cinema

• Thread starter Daniel Caspiani Adl
  • Start date
D

Daniel Caspiani Adl

Audiophyte
Hi i have recently bought a LG HR902 5.1 surround sound system (pre-owned) the speaker cables connect to the subwoofer and the subwoofer connects to a receiver/dvd player. the receiver is connected to tv via HDMI and also via an optical/digital cable. I can play dvds and make the sound come from the speakers but only the 2 front speakers and sub, and when i try to play from tv or ps4 there is no sound at all.
can someone please help me? thx. :)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi i have recently bought a LG HR902 5.1 surround sound system (pre-owned) the speaker cables connect to the subwoofer and the subwoofer connects to a receiver/dvd player. the receiver is connected to tv via HDMI and also via an optical/digital cable. I can play dvds and make the sound come from the speakers but only the 2 front speakers and sub, and when i try to play from tv or ps4 there is no sound at all.
can someone please help me? thx. :)
I looked though the manual. Did you go though the speaker set up menu? Did you select a surround mode like Dolby Digital 5.1?

Did you enable the optical audio out on your TV?

It is far from clear in the manual if you can get the audio back from the TV via that optical in. It only talks of a connection to the optical out of players. I have a suspicion that when watching TV that connection is disabled.

The instructions want you to use analog audio connections from the TV. Most TVs no longer have analog outs.

As usual we recommend people stay away from HTIB systems like that. They are just trouble all the way around and are to be strenuously avoided.

That old unit you have bought seems to me to be particularly nasty.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis