Connecting Samsung 7100 to Cambridge Audio amp

jezmo

jezmo

Audiophyte
I'm sure the smart minds have answered this one a million times but some help would very much be appreciated.

I recently bought a Samsung 7100 46" LED. I'm running simple (Monster 400i) RCA cable out of my Comcast box into a Cambridge Audio Azur 650A stereo amp. Awesome. Sounds great. Don't care about surround sound.

Here's the wrinkle. I'm also streaming movies wirelessly through the TV. Of course I have no audio interface between the TV and my amp that way. The amp has no digital inputs and the TV has no analogue outputs except the headphones jack. The obvious step is to run a 1/8th" jack to stereo RCA cable and connect it that way. My question is: is there a better solution? Such as an external DAC that can connect toslink or HDMI out to RCA in?

Thx for all help

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm sure the smart minds have answered this one a million times but some help would very much be appreciated.

I recently bought a Samsung 7100 46" LED. I'm running simple (Monster 400i) RCA cable out of my Comcast box into a Cambridge Audio Azur 650A stereo amp. Awesome. Sounds great. Don't care about surround sound.

Here's the wrinkle. I'm also streaming movies wirelessly through the TV. Of course I have no audio interface between the TV and my amp that way. The amp has no digital inputs and the TV has no analogue outputs except the headphones jack. The obvious step is to run a 1/8th" jack to stereo RCA cable and connect it that way. My question is: is there a better solution? Such as an external DAC that can connect toslink or HDMI out to RCA in?

Thx for all help
There are optical analog converters but they are not cheap. An HDMI conversion is illegal, so there are none of those.

I would feel inclined to use the headphone jack. The output may be to high for you amp though and you might have to make an L-pad to reduce the output.

I don't see any other solutions.

jezmo

jezmo

Audiophyte
@TLS guy: thanks for the quick reply. HDMI illegal - what a joke! you're right of course, and it's obviously not the best solution anyway. With regards to the L-Pad - I'm can't believe that would be necessary but I'm definitely going to get advice. Thanks so much for your input and insight :)

jezmo

jezmo

Audiophyte
@TDI: just took a look at the equipment in your studio. Total respect. Absolutely outstanding. I have distinct memories slathering over the Thorens turntable :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis