Connecting Outdoor Speakers

T

taylor2646

Audiophyte
Hey guys,

This is a great forum. Thanks in advance for all the expert advice. I'm pretty tech savvy, but when it comes to deep electronics/ohms/wattage I'm kinda fuzzy.

So, what I'm trying to do is set up a really basic sound system. I have a pool and want to mount two outdoor speakers under the eaves of my house. Since it's going to be such a simple system, I was planning to use an amp like a Pyle-Pro PCA3 Mini 2 x 75W Stereo Power Amplifier and speakers like a pair of Yamaha NS-AW390WH

Would this set up work? And also, am I going to have to run two speaker wires outside or can I "daisy-chain" and just run one wire from the amp to one speaker and then another wire from that speaker to the other speaker?

Thanks for all your help! I'm kinda a novice at this kind of stuff like I said!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If the amp can handle the load, that wiring will work, however you won't get stereo sound that way. There are different ways to wire it up, series or parallel as well, that affect how the amp "sees" the load of the two speakers if wiring them together. Stereo sound may not be important outside, but in terms of the amp itself, it may be best to run separate wires.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis