Connecting NAD C356BEE to Sony DAV-DZ119, possible?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, Phil!

What source would you like to play through both of them at the same time? The only way that I can see at the moment to connect them together is to connect one of the "PRE OUT" stereo connections on the back of the NAD to the AUDIO IN stereo connections on the back of the Sony. I don't believe that there is any way to send audio from the Sony to the NAD except to use the headphone jack on the Sony, and that will (I believe) cause the speakers on the Sony to turn off. (Please note that there is no Line Out on the back of the Sony - it is an input, unless the owner's manual is wrong.)

If you want to play a separate stereo source through both of them at the same time, then you could do that by using a splitter and connecting the source to both units.

P

Phil810

Audiophyte
What source? Im not quite following :) I want the sound from the sony speakers and the speakers from the NAD to play together/ at the same time. But i will go and try to connect them through the PRE-OUT :) Thanks for the reply :)

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
If the source is hooked to the NAD, you can use the tape monitor out to the analog input on the Sony. Hooking things up this way will mean that you will control the volume of the speakers hooked up to the NAD via the NAD, and the speakers hooked up to the Sony via the Sony. If you want one volume control controlling all of the speakers, you would hook up the preamp output of the NAD to the analog input on the Sony, and then the NAD volume control will affect both, and to balance between them, you would use the Sony volume control.

If the source is hooked up to the Sony, you will need to have an adapter for your headphone jack on the Sony (since that is the only audio output on that system other than the speaker outputs) to go to any analog input on the NAD, making sure that you do not have the Sony at too high of a volume that you overdrive the NAD input. In this case, the Sony volume control would affect the volume of the speakers from both, and you would use the NAD volume control to adjust the balance between the Sony and the NAD. Please note, this is assuming that plugging into the headphone jack of the Sony does not automatically shut off its speakers. If it does, then this will not work. The only other option would be to use the speaker outputs, and for that, you will need something that will step down the power so that you do not destroy the NAD. Do NOT attempt this without a special device, or you will damage things.

I do not particularly recommend that you do any of this, but this is how to do it with your particular gear. Going from the NAD to the Sony [in the manner described in my first paragraph], though, would be safe to do.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
What source? Im not quite following :) I want the sound from the sony speakers and the speakers from the NAD to play together/ at the same time. But i will go and try to connect them through the PRE-OUT :) Thanks for the reply :)
The source is what you are playing. For example, if you have a CD player that you are playing, then the CD player is the source. If you are playing a DVD player, then the DVD player is the source.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis