Connecting laptop to plasma tv via HDMI cable

A

Aggie 64

Audiophyte
I have a HP EliteBook laptop with HDMI port and a Pioneer Elite Plasma TV. The TV has a built in HDMI at input 7. When I connect with a cable (not a unidirectional) I can get video, but not audio. In fact, the audio does not even play on my laptop. However, if I go to a different input on the TV such as 6, the audio will play on the laptop, but there is no audio/video on the TV. Any suggestions?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
This is almost always a computer issue. I have an HP as well, and it completely sucks. HP sucks. Period.

If you right click on your speaker icon on the computer, and open the 'Playback Devices' dialog, the computer should indicate the speakers available to use. I have connected my laptop to dozens of devices and the HP is about 50/50 in finding them and recognizing them. My Dell computer runs at 100% with the same devices, so I use my Dell or my iPhone to test HDMI w/Audio connections.

I went so far as to uninstall/reinstall all my HP audio drivers, and it improved things, but not by much.

vsound5150

vsound5150

Audioholic
I have a HP EliteBook laptop with HDMI port and a Pioneer Elite Plasma TV. The TV has a built in HDMI at input 7. When I connect with a cable (not a unidirectional) I can get video, but not audio. In fact, the audio does not even play on my laptop. However, if I go to a different input on the TV such as 6, the audio will play on the laptop, but there is no audio/video on the TV. Any suggestions?
Check that settings on both sides are correct after you connect the HDMI cable. i.e. TV is set to the correct HDMI input and Sound settings in the Windows Control Panel is grabbing the HDMI connection, it usually sticks to the speaker/headphones option and I don't think HDMI will appear until you connect the cable.
If not, I would update video and sound drivers and BIOS firmware for the laptop.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis