Connecting Denon 3808ci & 5803 AVRs together

C

crohit

Audiophyte
Hi, Food for thought. I have Denon 3808ci and recently bought the old Denon 5803 (no HDMI) but THX2 certified avr.
I need some help from the pros here:
I would like to use the Audio part of 5803 and HDMI Video part of 3808 to run my equipments:
- Pioneed 5040 1080i Plasma (2 hdmi in)
- Sony 400 DVD changer CX-995V (hdmi and each channel audio out)
- Toshiba DVD recorder (hdmi out)
- Scientific Atlanta HD cable box (hdmi out)

Please let me know how best use the two AVRs to make the best of both.
Help in using Denon Link or Ext Digital Co-axial inputs.
I would also like to use the 2 avrs together for 2 zones.
Speakers zone1:
PARADIGM STUDIO CC570 v3
PARADIGM STUDIO 40 v3
SVS 25-31PC+ downward firing subwoofer
PARADIGM STUDIO 100 v3

Speakers zone2:
Def-tech 600 series 5.1

Thanks

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
just run component;) why do you need hdmi? and use each independent would be the simplest.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
It isn't going to be simple in trying to use both. If you really believe in the advantages of using the audio quality of the 5803 then why not just use component video as bandphan suggested, or if you must use HDMI then connect the TV directly to the sources.

C

crohit

Audiophyte
Thanks for the inputs. I guess the key feature that I want to use from 3808 is the Internet Radio and media streaming from network and mp3 etc. I would like atleast to use the 3808 as an INPUT Source to 5803 for such. So, I can keep 3808 in a different room and still listen to digital music with 5803 capability and big speakers. (How to make 3808 as input source to 5803?)

As bandphan & peng both have suggested that I can use Component instead of HDMI. So, essentially, there is not much difference in video quality from one to other?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
So, essentially, there is not much difference in video quality from one to other?
You stated that your Pioneer is 1080i so I would guess there would be no visible difference whether you use component video in or HDMI in. Also keep in mind that your Pioneer plasma display will deinterlaced 1080i to 1080p. According to an Wikipedia article(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p):

"The value of having a 1080p capable LCD or Plasma display over a 1080i one is questionable. 1080i material is deinterlaced on Plasma and LCD displays so 1080i50 material is in fact rendered at 1080p25, meaning that there is basically no difference in the end result."

If you go with the 5803 and want to get the HD sound formats you would have to get a BD player that can output HD sound formats via their 5.1 or 7.1 analog outputs. If you must have internet radio etc. then you should go with the 3808.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis