Connecting a microphone to Denon AVR-3805

Zon

Zon

Audiophyte
Hello, as per the title i am trying to ascertain whether i can connect a microphone to my Denon AVR-3805 amp thing DENON UK | AVR-3805
Im aware that you can connect one to conduct the auto-setup for speakers etc, but what im trying to do is basically connect a mic to output through the speakers at work, is this possible? Many thanks in advance for responses to this very basic question :)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You can do this, but you will want to purchase a mic to line level preamp, or a microphone which has a line level output. You will also want to split the microphone so that it hits the left and right channel at once.

Sound will be pretty solid on this, and beware of feedback!

I just got these for one of my clients:
Amazon.com: GTD Audio G-622H 200 Channel UHF Professional Wireless microphone Mic System: Musical Instruments

It is programmed to be able to be routed to any of his 10 different speaker zones in his home at the touch of a button and works pretty well. I still need to get the preamp for it for best results, but it's not bad as it is.

Oh, if the A/V receiver has a 'phono' input with built in preamp, that actually does a pretty good job of bringing mic level up to line level.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis