Confusion on Panasonic TCP65ZT60

C

captbill

Enthusiast
Presently I have a Yamaha RX-V2800 connected to a Panasonic 50"plasma monitor. I am looking at a Panasonic TCP65ZT60, can I use the Yamaha unit? Thanks, Bill

xboxweasel

xboxweasel

Full Audioholic
The RX-2800 should be fine unless you need HMDI inputs. Which I think the 2800 does not have. It really depends on what you have connected and how you want to use it.

C

captbill

Enthusiast
xboxweasel,Thanks for the reply, I do have HMDI input, running them on my Panny monitor...Been so long since I've changed TV's...Bill

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
There is no model Yamaha RX-V2800. Do you mean the RX-V2700, the RX-V3800, or something else?

C

captbill

Enthusiast
Pyrro, Sorry to disappoint you, but I have a Yamaha RX-V2800. Now mistress of the house wants a 70" TV so the Panasonic is out...So more searching.....Bill

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The 70" won't look as good as the Panasonic. You were looking at one of if not the best TV for picture quality being sold right now.

C

captbill

Enthusiast
Panteragstk, what a moniker you have, ha..My wife has decided she would like a 70" if we upgraded. So far the best seems to be the new Sharp Q Plus that is coming out soon. Supposed to equal plasma picture wise. I do see a lot of service horror stories about Sharp though. Bill

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Pyrro, Sorry to disappoint you, but I have a Yamaha RX-V2800. Now mistress of the house wants a 70" TV so the Panasonic is out...So more searching.....Bill
Would you be so kind as to show us a picture of it showing the model number? Yamaha seems unaware of such a model.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Yep, Pyrrho's right...I can find some (weak) evidence that such a model number was at one point announced, but it apparently was never released.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Supposed to equal plasma picture wise.
Yeah good luck with that. But I would think that the Sharp will be just fine for the average viewer. I do love the fact that your wife wants to go huge with the upgrade. She's a keeper.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
I do love the fact that your wife wants to go huge with the upgrade. She's a keeper.
Yeah, I was going to comment on that. That's awesome.

And when it comes to TV, there's a good argument to be made for a larger average TV than better smaller TV. Within limits, of course, but this is one of those situations where size really does matter. I can't think of any others offhand.

C

captbill

Enthusiast
My bad, I made the mistrake, please forgive this error..The Yamaha is an RX-V2600... Now looking at the new Vizio P series that was at the CES show and has no 3D but supposed to have a good picture...and nice specifications at a good price..MSRP for "70" is supposed to be $2500...The wife is a keeper, 35 years.. I am a lucky man...Bill

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Panteragstk, what a moniker you have, ha..My wife has decided she would like a 70" if we upgraded. So far the best seems to be the new Sharp Q Plus that is coming out soon. Supposed to equal plasma picture wise. I do see a lot of service horror stories about Sharp though. Bill
As far as sharp TV quality I wouldn't worry, but you simply cant get plasma PQ from an LCD/LED display. It just isn't possible.

5" depending on your viewing distance may or may not make a difference. If you can swing it, why not go with a projector?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis