Condoms/Birth control & legal age.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I live in Michigan where the legal age to buy condoms is 16 years old,what a stupid outdated f-ing law:mad:,both of my son's are having sex & both use condoms,the 14 year old is having a ton of problems with buying his own,we have a Rite Aid just down the street & the pharmicist there is adament about not selling them to him.

Bot my wife & I went with him to talk to the pharmicist with no results,the guy went on a rant about how kids shouldnt be having sex in the first place:rolleyes:,we were pissed & will never ever do one bit of business with any Rite Aid anywhere .

We ended up going to the party store down the street & talking with the owner,after talking with us both he agreed to sell my son all the condoms he needs.

I personally dont think that my 14 year old son should be having sex but he is & i cant stop him,short of keeping him in a cage,he's allready having sex & understands how important using a condom is,i comend him all the time for using his big head instead of his little head:D

Anyhow,the laws on this appear to vary from state to state,my thoughts are that anybody of any age should be able to buy condoms,its a stupid law made by uptight people who are extremely out of touch with the times.

Any thoughts?

NYyankeeboi

NYyankeeboi

Junior Audioholic
I can't agree with you more. When I was in high school at 14, I remember not being able to go on a field trip because I had forgotten to get my parents signature on the authorization paper. Later that day, on my way home someone offered to sell methamphetamine to me. I have to laugh at that, I mean really, where were the law enforcement officals then? more than likely out giving someone a ticket for windows that were tinted too dark.

In contrast, I can see how someone's kid would get hurt on the field trip and then of course the parents who never show up for anything would then come out of the woodwork with a lawyer to sue the school.

However, out here in Los Angeles, I think you can pretty much buy anything you want providing you have the cash regardless of the laws...lol

Whats sad is I came across this last night and I remember hearing about it months back, and it's shyt like this that really pisses me off.

http://www.jems.com/news_and_articles/news/Los_Angeles_woman_dies_emergency_room_floor.html

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I would need to see the statistics on whether or not that law actually acted as a deterrent or not. Most minimum age laws are intended for that, such as for tobacco and alcohol. However, while the lack of alcohol will inherently prevent one from drinking it, the lack of birth control does not inherently prevent one from having sex. On the surface of it, the law appears to be the equivalent of having tobacco be freely available to everyone, but filters would only be sold to people over a certain age.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis