D

domiereavron

Enthusiast
anyone have a good suggestion for a computer monitor? for connections svideo, svga or dvi would be best ? or can you get hdmi on a computer monitor

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
How big of a screen are you wanting, and what's your budget?

Thanks.

D

domiereavron

Enthusiast
well Adam I was thinking around 500 dollars. Looking for something that I can put on a mount. As space is really tight I was setting my station on around a lazy boy and looking for a wall mount that has an arm that I can pull away from the wall. I have 3 usb cords coming from my closet that I have daisy chained behind the wall which comes out beside my lazy boy so I only have monitor, mouse and keyboard. Also looking to mount a tv to a wall about 10 feet away from the keyboard so I can watch tv and work on my projects and watch tv listen to music. I have 5.1 hooked up with 14 speaker wire to each corner of the room, sub in the closet. For some reason I have 12 gauge speaker wire to the center speaker channel speaker (dont ask) ran out of 14 gauge.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
You didn't specify what type of projects you work on. Do you need big resolutions, or 720p is enough?
I ask this because you could get a lcd TV 720p (26",27",28") or even 1080p (there're many 32" 1080p LCDs) and use it as your monitor.
This way you could work and user the TV PIP (picture in picture) to check TV channels.
If you allready have a lcd you could use it as a second display.

I've wallmounted a 32" lcd and use it this way. I'm loving it ;)

If you really want a computer LCD, for 500USD you can get a 22" or even a 24".
To connect to the PC you'll use a DVI connection. Many new models also have HDMI, but to use it, you'll need to have a "compatible" graphic card in your computer.

D

Dezoris

Audioholic
I use all Dell exclusively, the warranty is great. Have a problem they ship you a new one next day you put the old one in the box and ship it back pre-paid.
Standard warranty is 3 years on all monitors.

Make sure you check that on any monitor you buy. Most make you ship the bad one in on your dime and you have to wait 2 weeks to get it back.

If you want an HD monitor that will do everything the Dell 2408 24" display has every input and will do every resolution.

It can be had for $550.
It also does 105% color gamut and calibrates better than most anything under $1500

D

domiereavron

Enthusiast
I was just wondering more as the cord to run to the monitor. quality is important, size of the screen is not. 20 inch is more then enough

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis