F

Foxini

Audiophyte
Savants,

Please pardon me for bringing the discussion back to elementary stage but I have been out of the Audiophile circle for some time and just recently re-visited the idea of hooking up all my various pieces of equipment into one working theatre. I have a PC with basic sound card and video card with single HDMI port, Sony Bravia HD TV, a Blue Ray DVD player. I also have a USB Turntable and a Pioneer VSX-403 (Pro logic) Receiver (to be replaced as described below). I will be acquiring a cassette player (either analog or USB as per your advice). I have a collection of old high $ speakers (JBL, KEF, circa 1985-88) to finish off my collection.
Lastly, I have 400 CD's that are stored in my music library at I Tunes as well as at least that many vinyl albums and cassettes that I would like to convert to vinyl. I would like to get the sound for all of these sources through the speaker system. I am likely to purchase a new Receiver (Onkyo TX-SR608) to save myself the frustration of connecting the old VSX-403 up to the PC.
Is all this possible and is the Onkyo a good candidate to be the heart of the audio portion of the system? Most importantly, it appears the Onkyo has a PC connection and will that take care of my hookup problem for these two pieces.

Thanks

Foxini

Thanks

F

Foxini

Audiophyte
PC Hookup

Savants,

Please pardon me for bringing the discussion back to elementary stage but I have been out of the Audiophile circle for some time and just recently re-visited the idea of hooking up all my various pieces of equipment into one working theatre. I have a PC with basic sound card and video card with single HDMI port, Sony Bravia HD TV, a Blue Ray DVD player. I also have a USB Turntable and a Pioneer VSX-403 (Pro logic) Receiver (to be replaced as described below). I will be acquiring a cassette player (either analog or USB as per your advice). I have a collection of old high $ speakers (JBL, KEF, circa 1985-88) to finish off my collection.
Lastly, I have 400 CD's that are stored in my music library at I Tunes as well as at least that many vinyl albums and cassettes that I would like to convert to vinyl. I would like to get the sound for all of these sources through the speaker system. I am likely to purchase a new Receiver (Onkyo TX-SR608) to save myself the frustration of connecting the old VSX-403 up to the PC.
Is all this possible and is the Onkyo a good candidate to be the heart of the audio portion of the system? Most importantly, it appears the Onkyo has a PC connection and will that take care of my hookup problem for these two pieces.

Foxini

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis