composite to component

D

dave9191

Audiophyte
Hey guys,

I'll cut a long story short :) I have a annoying tv for switching input sources, so having everything running over component from my a/v reciever would be great. But my dvd player doesn't have component out, only scart/RF/composite
(I'm assuming composite is the one with yellow for video, white and red for sound).

Is there something cheap that i can get which will let me connect the dvd player to component sockets?

Thanks,

--
Dave

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Composite to Component transcoding is a feature usually found on receivers but there may be an external device like a video switcher that could do it. I don't know for sure that such a switch exists but http://www.gefen.com sells all kinds of switches and I would check there first.

D

dave9191

Audiophyte
Seth=L said:
scart to component adapter.
I never thought of searching for a scart to component. This will do just great. Thanks a lot :D

Thanks for the replies guys,

--
Dave

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
You could just buy a new DVD player with component video outputs. How much could one possibly cost at this point? I'm shocked that the DVD player you are using now doesn't have component!!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
alandamp said:
You could just buy a new DVD player with component video outputs. How much could one possibly cost at this point? I'm shocked that the DVD player you are using now doesn't have component!!
Some European countries don't use component on their DVD players. They use scart and PAL.:rolleyes:

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Seth=L said:
Some European countries don't use component on their DVD players. They use scart and PAL.:rolleyes:
Oh ya, I forget that we are not all in the States :p

D

dave9191

Audiophyte
I went out and bought one of these scart to component convertors. However it turns out that the dvd player needs to support component over scart so it won't work for me.

Looks like the only way that I'll be able to do this is by getting some expensive signal convertors or switches. Which will cost more then getting a new DVD player with component out, and that's more then I wanted to spend. So I will just have to live with changing channels on the tv.

Thanks for replying :)

--
Dave

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis