S

steven78

Audiophyte
I cannot figure this out for the life of me. I have a panasonic 37' plasma. Using component inputs from my cable boc hdtv looks great however when I switch to NON-HD channels I get a picture but, all the colors are off. At first I thought it was the cable box so I tried my dvd player works but, when I use the receiver to convert s-video to component I have the same problem. So it is the TV component inputs which work just not for low def signal. It is not the power source or so I think. Now here is the kicker s-video inputs work fine. Al that is wrong is low def on component cable. tried different cables same story.
Thanks

Az B

Az B

Audioholic
What cable box do you have? Is there a setting for Y-Y/B-Y/R or Y-Pb-Pr for the component outputs? If there is, try setting it to Y-Pb-Pr.

S

steven78

Audiophyte
It gets better component only works with HD channels when the DVD uses components crappy picture The DVD player is not progressive scan. Howeever as stated before s-video works.

S

steven78

Audiophyte
Right now my only theory is the weather in chicago right now.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Sounds like a question for Bruzzi...

But, it really sounds like the input of your Panasonic only accepts HDTV and does not accept 480i into it. You cable box very likely has a setting that forces the signal from 480i to 1080i internally so all your channels are output as HDTV.

This would follow if your DVD player has the same issue. If you haven't hooked your DVD & Cable directly to the TV, make sure to do that and bypass your A/V receiver. This should not happen at all though and is quite possibly a bad scaler inside your plasma display causing this issue.

S

steven78

Audiophyte
You were right it turns out that for some wierd reason the tv would not accept 480i over the component. i brought it back to tweeter and we hooked it up to a dvd player. With progressive scan enabled it worked fine with it disabled you could see a picture but the colors were way off. They just ended up giving me a new tv. Very strange though.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Glad I could take a shot in the dark and get lucky for you. I install enough product to typically throw out a few educated guesses.

Probably a 4:30 on Friday plasma. Hope your new one is a mid-week model. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis