flip04

flip04

Enthusiast
is it just my tv or does your televisions also require a s-video if you chose to use the component cables?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
That doesn't make sense. Component cables and s-video both carry video signals alone so it makes no sense to have to use both.

flip04

flip04

Enthusiast
well wearlier today yout told me that, one of my potential problems would be the use ofcomposite cables and not component.. and so i opened up my manual and looked it up. theres 5 inputs at the back of my tv;
Video 1/2 = composite cables.
Sat/ Antenna = coaxial cable thing
hdmi = hdmi cable
optical = optical cable
Colorstream HD 1/2 = component cable.

my problem is, whenever i connect the component cables ont the color stream hd 2 (not 1 becausei dont know for some reason the y input is missing and theres an extra red input) the colors are messed up. they look green and yellow.

the troubleshooting guide on the manual for poor or no color says
"When the Colorstream signal source is active, the Video out terminal outputs blank video. To receive video from the video out signal, a standars video or s-video IN terminal must beused instead of the Colorstream connections."

to me ididnt really know what that meant. It gave me the idea that maybe i need both component and svideo in there.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
First off have you tried switching the cables around, it sounds like you have the components installed improperly. Seconly, I have no idea what the point of the s-video is that quote doesn't make sense to me, but s-video and component are not interchangeable in the least.

flip04

flip04

Enthusiast
hm... yea same here im lost.. i havent tried changing the videos around tho i just followed where the greens and blues and reds go...

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
That "use s-video or composite" statement means that to get video out of the TV to a VCR or DVD burner to record, you cannot use the component (i.e. colorstream) inputs.

Make sure when you hook up the cables, you aren't mixing up the inputs. On my Toshiba, the colorstream inputs (green, blue, and red) are arranged vertically, right above the audio inputs (white and red). In order, they should go green, blue, red (video) white, red (audio).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis