And to fire the first round Goldmund introduces their new player: EIDOS 20 BD

ONLY A PALTRY $16,900.00!!

Attachments

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
where do we order this cheap BD player?! :rolleyes:

but it looks "audiophile" though

if it were 1-2k and I was oozing money, I'd probably buy it.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
I'm going to fire-sale my HD DVD and order two!;)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
And to think there are people that would actually buy this!!!:eek: You guys know what's going to happen now right? The HD DVD camp is going to start whining, "see we told you so, now that there's no competition Sony will rule the galaxy, all BD players are going to be super expensive and for the elite." Hey maybe they're right!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Goldmund? Heck, maybe if it were Meridian.

Oh wait, Meridian was announced to be making a HD DVD player I believe.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Goldmund probably took one of the Sony players, slapped it in a fancy case, put a toroidal power supply in it and marked it up $15,500.:D

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
See I told you so, now that there's no competition Sony will rule the galaxy, all BD players are going to be super expensive and for the elite.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
The HD DVD camp is going to start whining, "see we told you so, now that there's no competition Sony will rule the galaxy, all BD players are going to be super expensive and for the elite." Hey maybe they're right!
They're definitely right at least for the next year or two. Sony will be the main source for BD players and will keep prices high until eventually there will be competition.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
They're definitely right at least for the next year or two. Sony will be the main source for BD players and will keep prices high until eventually there will be competition.
Ouch - When did Panasonic, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, and Denon stop making players? Seems Panasonic, as the major patent holder in Blu-ray technology, may be a key maker of players.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Ouch - When did Panasonic, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, and Denon stop making players? Seems Panasonic, as the major patent holder in Blu-ray technology, may be a key maker of players.
It's not like Sony actually manufactures the Blu-Ray players for Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp and Denon and lets them re-badge them...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis