Commercial Theater to compete with HT

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Visiting Detroit for a Wings game. Adult daughter wanted to see Beauty and the Beast (she is a kid at heart). Knowing I am an AV geek, she found a very cool theater, Emagine. Pics below.
Emagine Theater, Poppleton Park MI.jpg

Emagine seat row.jpg

Emagine recliners.jpg

Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Nice! Might go hit that tomorrow. Amc IMAX Dolby theater with vibrating recliners(probably just like you guys had). Gonna be fun.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
The movie was very good with a superb sound track. The purported "controversy" reported in the press about inappropriate content is complete BS.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That's good to know. 2 of my kids are 9 so I don't like having to think about that stuff. Movie looks very well done. I'm looking forward to the track the most lol.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So did that fancy theater serve food and beer? Without don't see how it's competing with HT :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
This movie somehow made 173 million over the weekend.

I am sure sequel talks are well underway.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
So did that fancy theater serve food and beer? Without don't see how it's competing with HT :)
LovintheHD,
Yes they did. We did not partake due to attending a show well after dinner.
In the lobby area were three appealing options beyond candy/PCorn/drinks to either sit down or carry into the show.
- A brick oven pizza place,
- A bar (my normal preference) and
- A burger place.

I agree with you, Emagine will not replace my HT, but it was the best commercial movie theater I have been too.
I may be showing my age, but there is an aspect to seeing a good movie with a crowd that is not reproducible at home.

Emagine was very clean, no gum, no trash, no dirty carpets, etc. so that helped a lot.
XEagleDriver

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LovintheHD,
Yes they did. We did not partake due to attending a show well after dinner.
In the lobby area were three appealing options beyond candy/PCorn/drinks to either sit down or carry into the show.
- A brick oven pizza place,
- A bar (my normal preference) and
- A burger place.

I agree with you, Emagine will not replace my HT, but it was the best commercial movie theater I have been too.
I may be showing my age, but there is an aspect to seeing a good movie with a crowd that is not reproducible at home.

Emagine was very clean, no gum, no trash, no dirty carpets, etc. so that helped a lot.
XEagleDriver

Indeed sounds nice, was that food/drink service available from your seat like AMC's Dine-In theaters? Nothing like these added feature theaters within many hours drive for me, so maybe next time I visit a big metro area I might have to try one of these out. What were ticket prices there?

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
I don't think you order from your seat, more like pick up on way in.

BTW all seats are assigned, so you arrive when you want to, no bum rush to get a decent seat.

My cost was free, I bought the Red Wing tickets, so daughter popped for the movie (she got better end of that deal).
I will ask her for ballpark price on movie tickets.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
$12 each, well worth it in my book.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think you order from your seat, more like pick up on way in.

BTW all seats are assigned, so you arrive when you want to, no bum rush to get a decent seat.

My cost was free, I bought the Red Wing tickets, so daughter popped for the movie (she got better end of that deal).
I will ask her for ballpark price on movie tickets.

Looking at the Royal Oak location was $11.50 per seat, for a matinee recliner or rocker with table, which is reasonable but imagine there could be an add on fee perhaps for online advance access but didn't seem to as far as I went on Emagine's site, didn't want to share my info with them. Of course if like many theater concession prices the food and drink could be the expensive part if you do the full monty :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Very, very nice. Seating not crowded at all, plenty of room to walk by.
I searched for matinee pricing, seniors, etc, couldn't find it.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Them pics look awesome,nothing like what I have seen before in a public theatre.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis