Commercial Grade TV?

itschris

itschris

Hey guys... we get these 70" TV's installed in all of our conference rooms to the tune of about 6K each just for the TV.

NEC MultiSync P703-AVT - 70" LED TV

All we use them for is displaying what's on our laptops or on the desktop hooked to it. They get used maybe 3-5 hours a week. What does this do that a $1500 Vizio can't do for us.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Dunno, but our Video Conference Room has 2 Sharp Aquos on the wall

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Personally, I haven't used the vid conference room other than to try to figure out the equipment.

But, I don't think we do anything special. I think 1 screen is for displaying powerpoints and such, and the other screen is to see the other end of conference call.

They are all controlled via iPad. All I've done personally is poke around on the iPad.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
It says it has a built in PC.

NEC MultiSync P703 - 70" - commercial use - P Series LED-backlit LCD flat panel display with built-in PC - 1080p (FullHD) - edge-lit - with Single Board Computer OPS-PCIA-WH

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Glancing at the specs / marketing material, the things that stick out are:

NEC's 70" P703-AVT sets the standard for rugged 24/7 use in the harshest installation environments

Max Operating Temperature: 122 °F
Min Operating Temperature:32 °F
Weight (Without Stand): 105.4 lbs (57.5lbs for the 70" Vizio)

itschris

itschris

We're in a 75 degree office in FL so I don't think the harsh environment applies.

Rickster - do you know what the SBC is for?

We have another 12 of these on order and I really want to see about them getting cancelled. We do things just because some department who has no budget concerns listens to whatever the vendor tells them. I mean... I can just go to SAMS and get 12 70" Aquos or Samsungs or whatever for $1,800 and add a soundbar.

Before I go all ape-poop on this I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Biz grade monitors typically have serial interfaces which ease integration with control systems (extron etc..)
that said our last conf room upgrades we went with Sharp consumer line panels (which also has these serial ports btw)
I could find models if you'd like

itschris

itschris

That'd be awesome. I'm going to have that contract cancelled. That's ridiculous. We've got a bunch of people in facilities who just take the easiest approach to everything and spend money needlessly... just because.

Bored - if you have some suggestions... that's be great. I don't think we have fancy controllers or anything,j but if there's a regular consumer line TV that can handle it just in case... that'd be great. We typically put up 70 and 80 inch displays. I appreciate it.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Personally
That'd be awesome. I'm going to have that contract cancelled. That's ridiculous. We've got a bunch of people in facilities who just take the easiest approach to everything and spend money needlessly... just because.

Bored - if you have some suggestions... that's be great. I don't think we have fancy controllers or anything,j but if there's a regular consumer line TV that can handle it just in case... that'd be great. We typically put up 70 and 80 inch displays. I appreciate it.
Personally, I think you're making the right decision. Unless there is some oddball need that you have not identified, I would also throw the BS flag and try to get cheaper panels.

More advice: If it works out good, then be sure you toot your horn during your annual performance review for how much $ you saved the company.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
These are Sharp tv models our av integrator recommended and purchased:
LC-80LE642U and Sharp Aquos LC-70EQ10U

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks like 642u is discontinued, but Sharp 80" LC-80LE650U is its replacement

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
:D yw Chris
I assume same functioning TV for 1/2 price is not bad :)

but I gotta say about NEC monitors - in fact we still have 7-8 of 10 year old 32" NEC 720p LCD panels working pretty much 24/7...

M

mr sarnoff

Audioholic Intern
We're in a 75 degree office in FL so I don't think the harsh environment applies.

Rickster - do you know what the SBC is for?

We have another 12 of these on order and I really want to see about them getting cancelled. We do things just because some department who has no budget concerns listens to whatever the vendor tells them. I mean... I can just go to SAMS and get 12 70" Aquos or Samsungs or whatever for $1,800 and add a soundbar.

Before I go all ape-poop on this I want to make sure I'm not missing something.
Only SBC I know is Small block Chevy or SBC comm. it could mean a lot of other things also .:)

What does this do that a $1500 Vizio can't do for us.
First of all the NEC should work when you turn it on ....you never know with a Vizio :p

While I can see your point for your usage try getting a Vizio to last even 1/10 of what that NEC will and good luck doing that or having one last at all and that's if you even get one that works to begin with ..

IMO You want a decent ~ 70" TV get the 1080p Sony 75W850C or 2160p 75X850C or one of the 75" Samsungs or maybe an LG (that are decent and may be better in bright rooms along with the Samsung ) Sharp might be OK also (if it's a *real Sharp * if you don't want the pricey NEC which might outlast your job by a country mile :p

Last edited:
M

mr sarnoff

Audioholic Intern
:D yw Chris
I assume same functioning TV for 1/2 price is not bad :)

but I gotta say about NEC monitors - in fact we still have 7-8 of 10 year old 32" NEC 720p LCD panels working pretty much 24/7...
I just retired an 11 yr old well used NEC LCD monitor that was otherwise working fine for a larger newer screen it was one of of 3 on the newer HP CTO PC workstation here .

I already have a new 27" QHD and a 2013 40" 1080p Sony LED TV on the upgraded HP CTO P7 experimental hobby in here and the 24" that was in here on the Busines Dell core Duo ..poor old NEC is an orphan now :oops:

Sent from Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy Build 10162

Last edited:
Topken

Topken

Junior Audioholic
If I read the post made by Rickster right SBC stands for Single board computer

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis