Comments on old system

M

MAL

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I am new here so I was wondering if you guys could help me. I have a set comprising of a pair of Bright Star Audio's Altair Speakers with an Audiolab 8000A amp, NAD 5000 CD player and an Audio Alchemy digital decoding engine and a busted BK component Power amp. Should I try to dump the whole system or just buy some stuff to upgrade? I saw that Bright Star Audio has their Electronic Foundation Component for the speakers but I don't know if I should buy it. &nbsp;

Thanks in advance</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Rather than go out and buy a bunch of new components all at once, I think it's much more enjoyable and rewarding to carefully research and purchase one item at a time, then introduce it into your system to see if you can hear a difference. &nbsp;Start with what you believe to be the weak link in your system.</font>

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>While goodman makes a good point, make sure if you take that route, you also think long term. &nbsp;Each of the pieces you buy now have to be compatible (sonically mostly) with those that you will add later.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis