Coax connector for home theater

R

robsreports

Audiophyte
Hello,

I'm new to home theaters and I just bought a house that has surround sound. Attached are the pictures for coax connectors that are on the wall in the media room. I assume that the audio for the home theater system would connect using coax. But what if I buy a home theater system that doesn't use coax connectors?

I'd post pictures, but it will only allow me to post pics from a URL. Anyone to post them from your computer?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum! You can post pictures from your computer, but you might need a minimum number of posts before you can do it - maybe five posts.

If you have a Photobucket (or similar) account, you could upload the images to there and then post them here.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Hello,

I'm new to home theaters and I just bought a house that has surround sound. Attached are the pictures for coax connectors that are on the wall in the media room. I assume that the audio for the home theater system would connect using coax. But what if I buy a home theater system that doesn't use coax connectors?

I'd post pictures, but it will only allow me to post pics from a URL. Anyone to post them from your computer?
Post here to pad yourself out to five posts so you can add photos...
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/site-suggestions-feedback/49318-post-pad-thread-new-users-not-spammers.html

It is very unusual/bad if it is truly coaxial connectors at all locations instead of binding posts/speaker wire runs.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello,

If the fittings are threaded, they're for the cable or satellite feed and if they're similar to the ones that are on the back of the other equipment (smooth and rounded at the end), they're for audio or video signals- they may have a ring around the center pin that would indicate their purpose. Generally, Red/White pairs are for stereo audio Red/Blue/Green are for component video, yellow is for composite video and if it has the Red/White pair with Red/Blue Green, it probably has a matching plate where a projector or TV would have been.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
How did you even find this old topic to reply? :D

L

Latent

Full Audioholic
We should all go back and find 10 year old forum topics where someone asked for urgent advice and never got resolved. Let's help them out now as i'm sure they will appreciate it!

Points out of 5 will be awarded on the following three categories:
Age of thread.
Creativity of solution/advice.
Helpfulness to original query.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It showed up at the right side of my screen and I didn't see the date of the original post, so I wrote an answer.

Maybe the moderators and admin could put white whiskers around the title or THIS THREAD IS REALLY OLD above the title.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis