Cineak Debuts Zero Gravity Sienna Chairs

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Cineak just announced a new chair - the Sienna. The Sienna is a truly innovative option for your next theater or media room. Designed with weightless comfort in mind, the Sienna reclines with a zero-gravity mechanism and has a 5-position articulating headrest. The seat is available with matched or contrast stitching in horizontal, vertical or no-stitch patterns and available in stand-alone, loveseat or row configurations. The Sienna is available in a countless number of finishes (leather, fabric or customer-supplied) with or without cupholders and built custom-to-order by hand in Belgium.

Discuss "Cineak Debuts Zero Gravity Sienna Chairs" here. Read the article.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
What, exactly, do they mean by "zero gravity"? It obviously is not a literal thing, as a chair cannot overcome the gravity of the earth. Is it just nonsense sales verbiage, or is there a real meaning to it?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
What, exactly, do they mean by "zero gravity"? It obviously is not a literal thing, as a chair cannot overcome the gravity of the earth. Is it just nonsense sales verbiage, or is there a real meaning to it?
Maybe they mean they are more ergonomic? ;):D
Sure looks similar to other theater chairs.:D

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
What, exactly, do they mean by "zero gravity"?
I think it means that your wallet gets a heck of a lot lighter and if you have to ask how much lighter then you can't afford them. :eek:

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
chairs are like shoes. same size feet, the same shoe will feel different to each trying them on. so they may, or may no not, feel super kumfy.

but
those are BUTT UGLY !!!

and

for proper HT use, the head rests are too high. in most cases they will mess with the surrounds. and in ALL cases, they will mess with the front stage.

D

DodgyDog

Audiophyte
Surprisingly good

Whilst I'm not in any way affiliated with Cineak, I stumbled across this discussion and thought I'd toss in my 2 cents worth. I had never heard of Cineak until I came across their stand at CEDIA 2011. I've been slowly putting together my home theatre for about a year now, and have been frustrated by not being able to find seating that was both comfortable and that fit the decor (which is predominantly slotted acoustic panels). I saw this chair and knew straight away that it would fit in visually, but sitting in it was something else. I don't know how it works, but the mechanism as you recline just seems to find a position that leaves you "floating" - hence the zero gravity. I agree about the headrests and acoustics, although it does come in a large and small version, so I guess you chose the size of chair that doesn't cause you those problems. Not cheap, though (and obviously not everyone's cup of tea as far as looks go, although bypassing the stitching changes the look substantially).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis