Chromecast Audio Help with home theater setup

M

monsterenergy22

Audiophyte
I have a Samsung UN55H6300AFXZA TV, a Panasonic SA-BT100 combo Blu Ray and A/V receiver, and a Cisco 9865HDC DVR.

I am having some trouble with setting everything up but currently have the following.

Cable DVR
In - Coax from Wall
Out - HDMI to TV
Out - Optical audio to AV Receiver

TV
In - HDMI from Cable DVR (STB recommended port on TV)
In - HDMI from AV Receiver (ARC Port on TV)
In - HDMI from Chromecast

AV Receiver
In - Optical Audio from DVR
Out - HDMI to TV

Now currently, I set the AV Receiver to Digital In and I am able to get my cable TV video and audio. However, I can't get any audio from the Chromecast no matter what I set the receiver to after switching the source to that HDMI port.

Question 1: Is it possible to get audio from the Chromecast even if it doesn't appear the AV receiver supports ARC?

Question 2: Is their a better recommended wiring setup then what I currently have?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Thanks for the details on your connections. You’d be surprised how many people make us guess at that!

If the receiver doesn’t support ARC, then you need an audio connection from the TV to the receiver. That’s why you can’t get Chromecast audio.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

M

monsterenergy22

Audiophyte
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Ended up playing with it this morning and got it to work without much change. I took the optical audio cable and plugged it into my TV optical out and left the other half plugged into the Receiver optical in. It appears that my TV and cable box does audio pass through.

Now everything works on Digital In on the receiver! My new connection setup is as follows, italicized is whats different.

Cable DVR
In - Coax from Wall
Out - HDMI to TV

TV
In - HDMI from Cable DVR (STB recommended port on TV)
In - HDMI from AV Receiver (ARC Port on TV)
In - HDMI from Chromecast
In - HDMI from Roku
Out - Optical audio to AV Receiver

AV Receiver
In - Optical Audio from TV
Out - HDMI to TV

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis