Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
thats not very impressive. the guy who played the acoustic like it was a toy, now that guy was good.

Anyone whos been playing for a bit can do what he just did.

It also sounded very fake. The guitar was mastered. They never sound that clean coming from an amp. ever.

SheepStar

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
Sheep said:
Anyone whos been playing for a bit can do what he just did.

SheepStar
Oh, I don't know. I've been playing guitar for well over 30 years (I just haven't been playing WELL for thirty years), and I couldn't have faked anything that good. Made me believe that if he wasn't really playing it, he could have. I take my hat off to him.

J

jeffvee

Audioholic
guitar player?

Good actor, well not that good. If you watch closely, there are guitar sounds even when he is not playing.

Last edited:
N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Wow! It looked real to me... That kid is loaded with talent.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
It was fun to watch - I don't care if it was real or not - I give benefit of doubt where it is due, and I sure as heck can't imitate that well - so I will give full benefit.

Besides - who (only) amplifies anymore when practicing? Wouldn't everything also be run to a multi-track mixer into a PC so you can hear how it sounded and analyze mistakes, etc.? I would think someone serious would be doing that and even video taping myself to see where my hiccups were coming from.

Good stuff!

majorloser

majorloser

I guess we'll have to wait for Sheep Van Halen to give us his Christmas jam:)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
AverageJoe said:
Oh, I don't know. I've been playing guitar for well over 30 years (I just haven't been playing WELL for thirty years), and I couldn't have faked anything that good. Made me believe that if he wasn't really playing it, he could have. I take my hat off to him.
You have'nt played very much for thirty years, ho ho. Gotta change that.

The guy is definitely playing the guitar, the notes of the song, and the recording is definitely of a Fender guitar which he is playing. It's just that I wonder if he's playing the drums in the vid with his feet. ;)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
majorloser said:
I guess we'll have to wait for Sheep Van Halen to give us his Christmas jam:)
I'm not that good. But for reference, My friend started playing guitar because he saw me play in a concert at school. In 2 years he became so good he played all of Master of puppets, even the solo, in sped up tempo! :eek:

He is a much better player then i will ever be, and he did it in a 3rd of the time I have been playing.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There is guitar playing when he isn't playing because it is part of the track he is playing to. Looks real to me. He's looking a lot like James Iha too, one of my favorite guitarists (Smashing Pumpkins, A Perfect Circle)

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
I'd say it looked real. There was even the sound of his hands hitting the body after he took lifted his pick hand and put it back down.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis