Cheap HDMI Audio Decoding Receivers?

E

EddieF

Audiophyte
(Point me/this to a thread if it exists please)

Any sub $300 receivers that actually decode hdmi audio using hdmi cable?
Everything I find requires fiber or analog for audio.

I have a 100' hdmi cable run from living to bedroom and I dont know if I can pass hdmi thru receiver to tv, then grab fiber from tv to feed receiver.
I worry about audio delay even if that Would work.
My easy option is hdmi to tv (like it is) then feed receiver with tv's fiber out but id still have delay issues possibly. Receivers must delay video to match the delay in processing audio I imagine. Any cheap receivers? Thanks.

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
Dont quite understand the setup or necessity of 100 ft Cable....but with runs that long, the cables would cost more than a second reasonable receiver....saw this one at Costco Sunday for $169 ....check the specs to see if it does what you need....only 75 watts, but probably ok for bedroom setup.....Costco excellent place to buy as 90 day return to the store and they won't ask why in case it doesnt suit your purpose....unit is not on website...

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/4222.asp

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
(Point me/this to a thread if it exists please)

Any sub $300 receivers that actually decode hdmi audio using hdmi cable?
Everything I find requires fiber or analog for audio.

I have a 100' hdmi cable run from living to bedroom and I dont know if I can pass hdmi thru receiver to tv, then grab fiber from tv to feed receiver.
I worry about audio delay even if that Would work.
My easy option is hdmi to tv (like it is) then feed receiver with tv's fiber out but id still have delay issues possibly. Receivers must delay video to match the delay in processing audio I imagine. Any cheap receivers? Thanks.
Marantz 4002 or the HK AVR 247(buggy)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
(...I have a 100' hdmi cable run from living to bedroom ....
I seriously doubt any ordinary HDMI will pass anything at 100ft distance. There are some that can by other means but now you are looking at a very hefty $$$$

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
...and the hits just keep on coming...

....then grab fiber from tv to feed receiver.
My easy option is hdmi to tv (like it is) then feed receiver with tv's fiber out but id still have delay issues possibly.
As far as optical outputs on TV sets, the only thing I've ever seen coming from them is audio generated from the TV's internal ATSC tuner. It doesn't "pass through" audio from other sources.

E

EddieF

Audiophyte
reading data sheets on the above mentioned now.

the 100' hdmi cable i ran almost 2 yrs ago. $225 delivered. It goes from a switcher in livingroom to 42" pannny plasma. works perfect with hr20 dvr which was work getting a splitter that got along with all and passed the signal 100'.

i'll check my tv's manual to see if it converts hdmi in to fiber out.
thanks so far

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Dont quite understand the setup or necessity of 100 ft Cable....but with runs that long, the cables would cost more than a second reasonable receiver....saw this one at Costco Sunday for $169 ....check the specs to see if it does what you need....only 75 watts, but probably ok for bedroom setup.....Costco excellent place to buy as 90 day return to the store and they won't ask why in case it doesnt suit your purpose....unit is not on website...

http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/4222.asp
I don't think that unit processes audio via HDMI, it would require a separate digital connection.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
100 feet of good HDMI cable without video loss will cost you almost as much as the new Pioneer VSX-919AH-K receiver, which retail for $399 brand new.
And that new Pioneer receiver will decode the new high resolution audio codecs with HDMI inputs (3) and output (1). It is exactly what you are asking for.
Check also the VSX-819-H which retail for only $299.
I'm sure you'll be able to get a lower street price on any model you choose.

Check here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/VSX-919AH-K.pdf Just click on "Products", then "Home audio/video" and finally "A/V receivers".
Check their full feature's list, their specs, their brochures and their manuals.
The VSX-919AH-K is quite amazing for that price. I'll bet you can even get it for somewhere around $329 or so.

Bob

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis