Chane A.1 and A.2.4

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I added a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's for some 2.0 listening and I absolutely love these speaker's sound signature. Still keeping my Chane's though but I think these won't be the last Whardedale speakers I ever own. They fit perfectly right on top of my Chane A5' s. Grilles off cause they look that good that way, lol.
I don't own the 10.1's but do the 220's and the Dentons. Absolutely love mine as well. Been thinking about getting a set of the 10.1's as well. However, I also have a set of B&W CM1 S1's so I am a bit crowded as it is. The all new Diamond "11 Series" is out now. Sooner or later I will own a set of the 11.1's. Not in no big hurry though. Glad you like your 10.1's. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

N

noclue

Audioholic
yep that is what i linked becasue some one wanted to see the link

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I added a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's for some 2.0 listening and I absolutely love these speaker's sound signature. Still keeping my Chane's though but I think these won't be the last Whardedale speakers I ever own. They fit perfectly right on top of my Chane A5' s. Grilles off cause they look that good that way, lol.
BTW, just curious what you are using to power your 10.1's with? I see that you have the Chane A5's. Never have heard them, but they are very well received. Thanks! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

R

roadwarrior

Audioholic
BTW, just curious what you are using to power your 10.1's with? I see that you have the Chane A5's. Never have heard them, but they are very well received. Thanks! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
I have an older legacy receiver(Denon 2805 ) with an Outlaw 5000 5 channel external amp attached. I got a great deal on it used.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I have an older legacy receiver(Denon 2805 ) with an Outlaw 5000 5 channel external amp attached. I got a great deal on it used.
I see. The 5000 is a great move. Noticed that the sensitivity rating on both the 220's and/or the Dentons is rather low. They both like power. However, I do not listen at insane levels so it really is not that big of a deal to me. Hence, my room is rather small. Most know that I am not a tower guy, but if I were the Chane A5's would certainly be high on my list. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
BTW, here a some info on the new Diamond 11 Series:

http://theaudiophileman.com/diamond-11/

https://www.whathifi.com/news/wharfedale-launches-diamond-11-series-munich-high-end-show

I am very interested in the 11.1's myself. However, I will wait a bit before ordering a set. Seriously thinking about ordering the 10.1's before they are all gone. Just wished I had more room.....LOL!!!!

Here is a review of the new 11.1's:

https://www.whathifi.com/wharfedale/diamond-111/review

Just thought you might want to check some of this info out. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

R

roadwarrior

Audioholic
I see. The 5000 is a great move. Noticed that the sensitivity rating on both the 220's and/or the Dentons is rather low. They both like power. However, I do not listen at insane levels so it really is not that big of a deal to me. Hence, my room is rather small. Most know that I am not a tower guy, but if I were the Chane A5's would certainly be high on my list. Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil
Understand. Similar levels and similar sized room so bookshelves work fine for me but I've always had towers in the past but I'm strongly considering 3 A2.4's as LCR.s instead. Not in a big rush though just an itch I'm thinking of scratching.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Understand. Similar levels and similar sized room so bookshelves work fine for me but I've always had towers in the past but I'm strongly considering 3 A2.4's as LCR.s instead. Not in a big rush though just an itch I'm thinking of scratching.
Three A2.4's across the front gave me the most cohesive sound that I have ever owned. Nothing was fatiguing or harsh at all. Lots of sizzle on cymbal crashes. The A2.4's could get insanely loud and never break a sweat. Imaging, balance, and detail were all superb. Highly recommend! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis