Center Channel: Sierra-2 or CMT-340?

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
Debating what I should get for my system, my main priority was two awesome bookshelves and a sub for Direct Music playing coming out of the receiver and it sounds awesome.

For HT purposes, I don't really need to break the bank, but I would like the sound to still sound "integrated"

Would their be a huge difference between the CMT-340 Center and the Sierra-2 Center?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
With Sierra-2 speakers on the left and right, I can't say for certain whether you'll be better off with another Sierra-2 or a CMT-340 as a center speaker. But I'd guess that you'll be happier with another Sierra-2.

You can save money on the rear channel speakers, such as with the NHT SuperZeros, but spend it on the front three speakers.

Does Ascend offer a trade up? First try the CMT-340 and if you want, later trade it in towards a Sierra-2.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd want identical speakers across the front, so my vote would be for the Sierra-2 (or maybe even the Raal Horizon! ;) ).

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
What about an Ascend Luna as a Center?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd want at least an equal speaker to L/R, maybe even more capable for the center. YMMV

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
My finish is Piano Black, so I probably wouldn't go for it.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
My finish is Piano Black, so I probably wouldn't go for it.
I see. Certainly don't blame you then. Been reading up about the new Luna. That may be a good option for you. However, the 340C SE is very neutral. Should work well with the Sierra 2's. Anyways, best wishes on your decision. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've never even heard of those speaker brands, but it has been said, the front soundstage is most important and all those speakers should be at least from same manufacturer with similar sonic characteristics.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've never even heard of those speaker brands, but it has been said, the front soundstage is most important and all those speakers should be at least from same manufacturer with similar sonic characteristics.

AH review
on the Sierra-1 (I have a set, as well as 200SEs & 170SEs). Someone else's review of the 340SE. I haven't seen a review of the Sierra-2, nor heard them yet, but owner comments have been quite good.

P

pase22

Audiophyte
The CMT 340 would timber match your Sierra's, but likely won't match the audio quality which is still very good on the 340, but not quite as refined as the Sierra 2's. You can always try to see if works for you. Worse case, send it back and get a Sierra.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis