Center Channel Question

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The time has come as I will soon be putting my Paradigm's up on Audiogon, etc

I have purchased the Golden Ear Triton One. After extensive demo'ing, though only one place had them on the floor to demo in my area, I was absolutely blown away by the speakers.

I am going to phase out my Studio's and actually happy that I will have a little more space as I will also be selling my sub.

I really like the CC-690 Center Channel I have. Most Places have advised keeping the front 3 the same, but the SuperCenter XL just can't compete with the Paradigm, at least from my testing both

Not easy to do given the size of each. Dialogue is excellent on both, I might even give a slightest of advantage to the GE, but the Paradigm just sounds better overall.

NOTE: I compared it with the Studio 100's when playing movie content because my Ones are still in the box until I move, so I am sure it's not a fair comparison, because the range on the 1's is significantly better that the studio 100s they are going to replace. At this point I am tempted to take them out of the box to do another comparison, but that is a lot of work for heavy speakers :)

What's everyone's take on mixing center channels with mains. These are two entirely different tweeters so I guess I will have to break the back and test with the ones?

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Since you already have the 1's I would personally match it with the SuperCenter XL center. I have the 2's and this center works great, same tweeters and it sonically matches.

PS: enjoy the 1's they sounded pretty darn good when I listened to them.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Yep, kinda figured that was the response I would get, because you are both right.

On a side note, WTH is going on with Audiogon $50.00 just to list the item, that is retarded, pay to list even if it doesn't sell?

EDIT: Ok I need to read things thorougly, regular listing price is below :)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, kinda figured that was the response I would get, because you are both right.

On a side note, WTH is going on with Audiogon $50.00 just to list the item, that is retarded, pay to list even if it doesn't sell?

EDIT: Ok I need to read things thorougly, regular listing price is below :)
eBay was free for me when I listed KEF 201/2 & Linkwitz Orion. I've been listing the Orion for weeks now with free listing.

May be free for you to list as well. Just go with all the basic stuff and pictures, nothing fancy.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Problem with ebay is the 10%+ ebay fee and then the paypal fee. I found the cheap listing with Audiogon and it was $4.00 plus I can make the buyer pay the 3% instead of adding to my price

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis