Center Channel matchup

T

turpolk

Enthusiast
Hi everyone,

I am working on my new system and it is undergoing installation at this time, which lead me to a dilemma. I have a set of tsi400 (L and R) coupled with a set of Tsi100s (L and R) and due to where my TV is (above the fireplace) i don't think i can fit the cs10 center channel, its to bulky. My question is will the TL3 be a good substitute for the cs10? The specs suggest so, and for the size I could easily fir under the TV on the mantle. Any suggestions for a center speaker that would match with the Tsi400s and still be smaller than the cs10?

Thanks!!!!

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Many for various reasons can't match the center, Dont over think it....you will be fine. Of course you have to be within reason but those who insist a slightly mismatched set up being some tragic flaw are no more credible than those pushing exotic power or HDMI cables.

T

turpolk

Enthusiast
Thx! The TV is mounted on the fireplace wall and since the wall is 35 inches thick I was thinking on making a built in slated shelf inside wall in order to place the center channel. That way I can use the cs10 I already have. So the speaker would be inside the wall therefore making it look more neat. Do you think that would affect the sound of it?

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
May make it sound deeper as in more perceived bass but won't know till you try it....should be fine. My second system has a BDI system rack with center in a drawer that has grill cloth in front and its fine. Make sure center is not rear ported.

T

turpolk

Enthusiast
Hi guys, I finally found a ceiling bracket that would fit, and I got super lucky to have a stud dead center on the mantle. Check out the cs10 mounted. What do y'all think?

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis