Center Channel Cutting Out!

H

helmet1978

Audiophyte
Hello everyone,

I have been having this annoying problem for some time now. My center channel speaker completely cuts out intermittantly. It seems to happen pretty frequently at mid volume while watching DVDs (optical digital connection from DVR to Rec.), and also while watching TV at various volumes (analog RCA from cable box to Rec.). If I crank the volume quickly from the receiver it will kick on, then I can drop the volume to normal. Sometimes I'll go though a whole movie and it will be fine and other times it will happen several times.

I'm was thinking its a problem with the crossover network in my center channel speaker since I've had the same problem with two different receivers. Tonight I pulled the speaker apart and checked all connections and they looked good. I hooked it back up and wiggled wires and didn't lose sound.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Check your connections and the wire for shorts.

W

wafflebird

Audioholic
Thats good advice

Check your wires closely make sure they are not contacting any other terminals or the chassis of the receiver anywhere but the posts. In order to better help you out what equipment do you have? If the wires are not touching and you can find no problem there, switch your speakers take your center out and put another speaker in its place and the center in the other spot. Keep adjusting the volume up and down to see if the problem is recreated with the individual speaker, or the center channel output of the receiver. That should help you determine where the problem actually lies in the receiver, or the speaker. Once you know that hopefully you can more easily rectify the problem. Good luck.:cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis