Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If you're interested in the iphone and you spend the vast majority of your time in a city or other populated area where cell phone coverage isn't an issue, then Virgin Mobile and the iphone is by far your cheapest option.
This is cheap?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Verizon: iPhone 4S 16GB

2GB Internet access Unlimited talk and text per month

$99.99 for phone
$100 for the plan
2 year contract
= $2499.99

AT&T : iPhone 4S 16GB

1GB Internet access Unlimited talk and text per month

$99.99 for Phone
$85 for the plan
$36 activation fee
= $2175.99

Virgin Mobile: iPhone 4S 16GB

300 mins per month Unlimited talk and text per month

$649.99
$35
= $1489.99

This does not take into account taxes and fees.

Virgin represents a savings of $1010 over Verizon and $686 over AT&T. Even if you upgrade to the everything unlimited plan from Virgin for $55/month you still save $206 and $530 over the competition.

So yes I think it is cheap compared to the competition over the course of a two year contract :D

C'mon, big picture man. Big picture. :p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

$99.99 for phone
$100 for the plan
2 year contract
= $2499.99

$99.99 for Phone
$85 for the plan
$36 activation fee
= $2175.99

$649.99
$35
= $1489.99

Virgin represents a savings of $1010 over Verizon and $686 over AT&T. Even if you upgrade to the everything unlimited plan from Virgin for $55/month you still save $206 and $530 over the competition.

So yes I think it is cheap compared to the competition over the course of a two year contract :D

Ummm ... thanks for the run down on plan rates.

I now see that I won't be becoming ianything ianytime isoon. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Ummm ... thanks for the run down on plan rates.

I now see that I won't be becoming ianything ianytime isoon. :D
Haha, yea they ain't exactly giving them away. Data and text are almost pure profit and yet they charge $40+ a month for minimal data and unlimited texts? Virgin has the right idea, just piss poor coverage (thanks Sprint :mad:).

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Didn't read the whole thread, too many words!
I switched to Windows Phone as well. The UI works better for the way I use a phone, everything is integrated into just a few things very well, and works well as what it is, a phone.
But if you like apps and such, the other two OS are probably better. ( Ihad used previous versions, years back, WinMo 6 and 6.5, which were handsdown, the worst smartphone systems ever devised)
I never liked Android, it's far too messy. Apple does a better job of managing all the add-on apps people like to use, with their Angry Birds and suchwhats.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I love my Galaxy SIII, I've messed with iPhones before, and to me they seem to simplistic, like a fisher price "my first smartphone" kinda toy... but it works really well for most people, but the inner geek in me likes to mess with the custom stuff that the android phones can do. I also watch video on my phone very often, and the large 720p display on the gs3 makes that much nicer, but it's not always great having a giant phone, but the tradeoff is worth it. Just go to the stores and play with all the phones you think may suit you and get what works for you.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord

$99.99 for phone
$100 for the plan
2 year contract
= $2499.99

$99.99 for Phone
$85 for the plan
$36 activation fee
= $2175.99

$649.99
$35
= $1489.99

Verizon has the best coverage, in my giant territory, that I cover for work. I have to have unlimited everything so I will need a big plan. My work will pay $100/mo if I quit using their phone and provide my own.

I'm still sticking with their free phone right now. My wife dropped her iphone last night and shattered it so she gets a new phone first. It sx as she just took the cover off of it this past weekend since the cover broke. She was looking for a replacement cover but I guess she didn't find one quick enough.:mad:

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
I love my Galaxy SIII, I've messed with iPhones before, and to me they seem to simplistic, like a fisher price "my first smartphone" kinda toy... but it works really well for most people, but the inner geek in me likes to mess with the custom stuff that the android phones can do. I also watch video on my phone very often, and the large 720p display on the gs3 makes that much nicer, but it's not always great having a giant phone, but the tradeoff is worth it. Just go to the stores and play with all the phones you think may suit you and get what works for you.

But the iPhone 5 is.......... longer! :rolleyes::p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Verizon has the best coverage, in my giant territory, that I cover for work. I have to have unlimited everything so I will need a big plan. My work will pay $100/mo if I quit using their phone and provide my own.

I'm still sticking with their free phone right now. My wife dropped her iphone last night and shattered it so she gets a new phone first. It sx as she just took the cover off of it this past weekend since the cover broke. She was looking for a replacement cover but I guess she didn't find one quick enough.:mad:
I mean if you do mostly calling and texting Verizon and AT&T are fine, but if you use a lot of data then they're even more expensive. If you upgrade to the hotspot option, then you're f&@%#* :D If you can get away with Sprint's lousy coverage and you want an iPhone, Virigin is the way to go hands down.

You just have to take a few months and closely monitor your data usage to see what you actually use, what a worst case scenario is for usage in a month, and make a decision from there.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Didn't read the whole thread, too many words!
I switched to Windows Phone as well. The UI works better for the way I use a phone, everything is integrated into just a few things very well, and works well as what it is, a phone.
But if you like apps and such, the other two OS are probably better. ( Ihad used previous versions, years back, WinMo 6 and 6.5, which were handsdown, the worst smartphone systems ever devised)
I never liked Android, it's far too messy. Apple does a better job of managing all the add-on apps people like to use, with their Angry Birds and suchwhats.
You know you are not allowed to post on one of my threads unless you read the whole thing first!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I ended up getting the Galaxy SIII today. My Mother is in town for Thanksgiving and noticed I was looking at the ads and asked what she could get me for Christmas.

I told her I was wanting a phone but that I didn't think she should spend that much on me. An hour later I got the phone.

It seems pretty cool so far and I think I will like it

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I ended up getting the Galaxy SIII today. My Mother is in town for Thanksgiving and noticed I was looking at the ads and asked what she could get me for Christmas.

I told her I was wanting a phone but that I didn't think she should spend that much on me. An hour later I got the phone.

It seems pretty cool so far and I think I will like it
Momma's boy...:p

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Welcome to the club, man! Which color did you get?
Blue, to match a certain someones eye's...He wanted tan to match that persons feet but it wasn't available.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
That SIII is nice, I'm still waiting for the ATIV S but the W8 phones seem to rolling out really slow up here.

Steve

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I got black even though it was more difficult to find and cost me more than a blue or white one.
I wish they would've had black when I got mine, but the blue is ok I guess. It's a great phone for sure, you will definitely like it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis