Ceiling mounted loudspeakers

A

adi

Audiophyte
I am looking to install ceiling mounted loudspeakers in a Prayer Hall. The dimensions of the hall are 80' X 30' X 12'(h).

The input is a microphone or a CD player and amplifier. We have people coming in and singing. Occasionally announcements are made.

Please let me know where I can get information on how many ceiling mounted loudspeakers will be required to cover this space?

Also which ones should I buy? Any particular model?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Are you looking for speakers you can mount to the ceiling with a bracket? Or speakers that get installed inside the ceiling?

J

jsantos615

Junior Audioholic
I am looking to install ceiling mounted loudspeakers in a Prayer Hall. The dimensions of the hall are 80' X 30' X 12'(h).

The input is a microphone or a CD player and amplifier. We have people coming in and singing. Occasionally announcements are made.

Please let me know where I can get information on how many ceiling mounted loudspeakers will be required to cover this space?

Also which ones should I buy? Any particular model?
Hello -

For this application, you'll want to do a commercial grade system.

Parts Express has really reasonable prices and can assist you with selecting the proper gear, such as amps, speakers, mics, etc for a 70v system:

http://www.partsexpress.com/commercial-sound.cfm

Hope this helps...

-joe

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Speaker system

Inceiling speakers would be fine for background music. If you want to have performances or speakers in this large hall, work with a local installer for a properly designed pro audio system. It will probably consist of large monitors in the front and maybe a few in the back at the end of the hall.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis