CEDIA 2006 Show Coverage Official Forum Thread!

I am most interested in news of...

• 1080p DLP or LCD projectors

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Flat panel displays

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • New receivers/processors/amplifiers

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Subs & loudspeakers

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Media PCs or gadgets

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Blu-ray/HD-DVD

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Other (please post below)

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Did NAD show the T175 surround sound preprocessor at the show? That was certainly more newsworthy than the M15 if it was there, it apparently will have Audyssey MultEQXT room correction and HDMI audio processing.
Yes and they didn't want any press covering it. I spoke to their Marketing Director and he said if we covered this piece it would hurt them b/c it wont officially be released until CES and we would reduce the appeal of the product if its already old news. Go figure :rolleyes:

U

uzun

Enthusiast
Well that explains the lack of any information. I asked questions on their help page, I've called them and can get very little info. It seems a product that's sorely needed right now. A reasonably priced prepro with HDMI audio processing and decent room equalization.

There is no such animal out there right now. When I call them they say call back in a month they may know more then.

If I had to guess I would say it's going to be HDMI 1.1 capable, and be released early next year. Seems now is more the time for such a product, I know I would order one immediately if I could.

uzun said:
It seems a product that's sorely needed right now. A reasonably priced prepro with HDMI audio processing and decent room equalization.
There's always the Denon AVR-4306 - ignore the amps.

B

briansmith

Junior Audioholic
gene said:
No the 5805CI has upgraded memory added to it to handle the new Audyssey features. I know its kinda a bummer for those who already purchased a 5805 :mad:
Gene,

I own an original Denon 5805. What do you think my chances are of it being upgradeable to HDMI 1.3? Have you heard anything definitive from Denon? I'm trying to decide wither I should keep it or sell it now before it's value drops like a rock. Most people on AVS seem to think that it will not be upgradeable and Denon is going to replace the receiver entirely.

Any suggestions?

-Brian

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis