CEDIA 2006 Show Coverage Official Forum Thread!

I am most interested in news of...

• 1080p DLP or LCD projectors

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Flat panel displays

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • New receivers/processors/amplifiers

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Subs & loudspeakers

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Media PCs or gadgets

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Blu-ray/HD-DVD

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Other (please post below)

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Any HD (hard drive) based HD (high def) movie servers? I'd really like to not have to futz with disks....

J

Jim E.

Enthusiast
gene said:
It is a new design and new cabinet. The actual model# is the T30-LSE and DOESN"T come with any amplifiers. The retail will be around $15k/pair. The pics you are seeing are the prototype pair I've been testing in the Audioholics Showcase system.
Ok so to put this in perspective (financially that is :rolleyes: ) let's compare.

The T2P's in basic black retailed for approximately $9500 WITH two SA-400 amps.

The new T30-LSE's are expected to retail for around 15K (assuming basic black finish) without the amps which retail for $800 each. This means that this new speaker with amps will now retail for $16,600.

That's nearly a 70% increase in price. :eek:

While I realize that the home theater market/electronics industry is perhaps one of the best examples of the law of diminishing returns, how much better can the T30-LSE's be over the T2P which was then hailed to be "Unbelievable Sound and Value"?

What market segment is RBH looking to align these speakers with? I certainly hope you're review includes a side-by-side comparison but this may not be practical because of the sheer size.

Anyway, I can't wait to read your review. Is this review being done in conjunction with the updated Denon 5805 MKII?

Cheers!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
While I realize that the home theater market/electronics industry is perhaps one of the best examples of the law of diminishing returns, how much better can the T30-LSE's be over the T2P which was then hailed to be "Unbelievable Sound and Value"?
The T2p system is a phenominal system regardless of price and is certainly one of the best values out there. The T30-LSE isn't quite as high value as you noted but it has some advantages in its ability to be more resolving and more intimate much like a great bookshelf speaker but with the bold, dynamic and limitless soundstage of the T2p system. The subs are a huge upgrade in terms of output, depth and slam and the old SA400 amps aren't really appropriate to drive them.

[edit 9/01/06] The SA400 have the ability to drive the subs in the new RBH system but are purposely rolled off at 20Hz for the old system. You can still get great results with this amp but may wish to pursue alternative amplification or wait for RBH to offer a version that has more output down to 20Hz for even higher performance with this new system.

Also consider the following about the new T30-LSE System:
  • You need to compare T2 system in Veneer wrap vs T30LSE in veneer wrap NOT the T2 system in standard black since the LSE won't be offered in the vinyl finish.
  • I am told the cabinet as one piece represents about a 70% cost increase for them as opposed to 2 seperate cabinets
  • the scan speak tweeters and Status woofers are about 4x the cost of the standard drivers
  • Also the T30-LSE's are shipped in more costly crates as opposed to boxes for the T2 system

Stay tuned for my review.

My 5805 Audyssey update will publish before the T30-LSE review for sure. I've been so busy visiting manufacturers lately for tours that my writing speed has suffered. I am still dizzy from all the recent air travels :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Preview: Yamaha Soavo Concept Speakers

Soavo Concept: Delivering Natural Sound Yamaha has utilized its vast expertise in music, acoustics and especially as the world’s leading manufacturer of musical instruments to develop a new high performance speaker: the Soavo-1. Yamaha has a half-century of experience in creating “Natural Sound” speakers and other audio components, and the Soavo-1 not only embodies but reenergizes the Natural Sound concept.

Our primary goal was to achieve realistic reproduction of music. We accomplished this through a combination of advanced design technology, the selection of superior materials, and an extensive testing/tuning process.

The Soavo-1 sound is characterized by: no coloration, so the sound is completely unembellished; high resolution, for good detail even at low levels; transparency, for a crisp, bracing feeling; and a deep stereo image with well balanced depth and width. A center and subwoofer speaker are also available. For more information, please visit www.yamaha.com.

Visit Yamaha at Booth #342 | Additional Info

Attachments

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
I vote for nice speakers that are affordable to highschool students.

U

uzun

Enthusiast
Video Processors, such as the Radiance from Lumagen and the new VP50 from DVDO.

sjoh

Audiophyte
SACD changers

Hello Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I am most interested in any upcoming SACD or universal DVD changers with:

1. flexible bass management
2. SACD capable digital link, such as HDMI 1.2a or higher, ilink or Denonlink
3. 5-6 disk capacity.
4. an affordable price tag: $500 or less.

In particular, if you have any info on the replacements for the Sony CD/SACD changers, or the Yamaha, Denon or Onkyo DVD changers, please share!

Thanks,
Sejin.

A

AndrewLyles

Audioholic
Hmm, if you're taking requests then I'd love to hear more on:

SED Televisions: I haven't heard anything since last years Expo and seeing as I'm waiting to buy a flatpanel until the tech comes to market... I'd love to see more.

Amplifiers/Prepros: What's new and what should we look out for in the comming season?

Beyond BR/HD-DVD: The format war will fail, so what will we be watching movies with once Sony and Toshiba flop with this.

That's my top three in order.

Last edited:
The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Sed, Sed, Sed

Yes, in that order. At the moment I could care less about BR/HD-DVD. Weird, I have traditionally been an "early-adopter". This format war (and that is exactly what it is) is bad for business. So please, some SED info would be great.
Thanks!

J

Jim E.

Enthusiast
gene said:
[edit 9/01/06] The SA400 have the ability to drive the subs in the new RBH system but are purposely rolled off at 20Hz for the old system. You can still get great results with this amp but may wish to pursue alternative amplification or wait for RBH to offer a version that has more output down to 20Hz for even higher performance with this new system.
Sounds like Shane got a hold of you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Preview: Auralex Acoustics SonoSuede System

Auralex Acoustics is introducing the SonoSuede HT System at CEDIA. A highly decorative and complete do-it-yourself room treatment system ideal for home theater applications, the SonoSuede HT System tames reflections and low frequency anomalies.

Consisting of four 16”x48”x2” thick back-beveled panels and eight trapezoidal-shaped square-edge panels 16”x48”x1” for a total of 54 square feet of coverage, the SonoSuede HT System’s distinctive design is a cost-effective solution offering a multitude of decorative options. Additionally, the system’s unique mounting blocks provide superior acoustic and exceptional aesthetic benefits.

Priced at $1,199 suggested retail, the SonoSuede HT System is immediately available in the following stock color combinations: black/red; black/tan; and brown/tan. Other color combinations as well as individual panels are available as custom orders.

For more information, please visit www.auralexelite.com.

Visit Auralex at Booth #256 | Additional Info

Attachments

Robert Rodrigue

Audiophyte
Yamaha rx-v2700

Clint DeBoer said:
We are less than one month away from covering the CEDIA show in Indianapolis. Last year we provided over 120 pages of Cedia Show Coverage. We plan on maintaining the Audioholics tradition of providing the most extensive trade show coverage in the industry. So stay glued to the homepages of all HTA member sites as well as AVS Forum (non HTA Member) for live show floor coverage of all the new and exciting products unveiled from your favorite manufacturers.

Have a request of what you would like seen covered by the Audioholics staff?

Submit them here!
Can someone please review this receiver, and review it's upscaling capabilities, from what I understand from Yamaha this unit upscales all formats to 1080i, I'm curious to see how good it converts regular analog 480 into 1080i, and whether it's worth the money.

ghozt06

Audiophyte
Sherwood Newcastle and Parasound NewClassic

Please, please, please confirm if the Sherwood Newcastle P-965 processor, R-965 A/V receiver and Parasound Model 7100 controller will have any HDMI connection. Will it be v1.3 with switching as well as up-conversion? I am ready to buy one for a dedicated home theater but I need to know if I should wait. What is the anticipated street date?:eek:

T

thescrub

Enthusiast
When is Denon going to actually offer the upgrades for the 5805.

M

MrPorterhouse

Audioholic Intern
I want to see info and proposed timelines for:

A/V Receivers with HDMI 1.3
A/V Receivers with processing of DTS-HD and Dolby True HD/Dolby Digital Plus

Also interested in:
Video scaling A/V Receivers
Blu-ray Players and software
HDTV's with HDMI 1.3 (when?)
1080P tv's of all flavors(LCD, DLP, LCOS, 32"-70")

I'm most interested in TIMELINES for the HDMI 1.3 products and advanced audio processors.

J

Jonbme

Audiophyte
Outdoor MCE System

Clint,

Don't forget to stop by the Intel Booth and check out the Arris-Regale Media Center TV for the Pool/Deck. It's pretty cool to watch movies in a rain storm.

This system is a coop between Sunnytech (LTB) and Lux Multimedia

JM

CEDIA Coverage is LIVE!

We are at the show and have already unveiled our first wave of CEDIA coverage! We'll regroup at lunch time and continue to post more, including candid photos from the show floor. This is the largest convention Denver has ever had with about 28,000 - 30,000 attendees and we can tell they are still adjusting (Internet coverage is spotty at the hotels for example). Look for news on 1080p displays, the scoop on high definition DVD players and more as we bring you the latest and greatest from the 2006 CEDIA Expo! This is hot stuff, so you may want to refresh every few hours for the most up-to-date product news.

Check out the updated CEDIA page

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis