CD player which doesn't cut off start

T

timbat

Enthusiast
I don't mind spending a bit of money if I get a good player which is stand alone (no monitor/menu). I'm interested in the Parasound ZCD and the Marantz if they have simple push button controls.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't mind spending a bit of money if I get a good player which is stand alone (no monitor/menu). I'm interested in the Parasound ZCD and the Marantz if they have simple push button controls.
You can use either without a remote.

However the Parasound unit cost 449 GBP in the UK. That is equivalent of $670 US dollars.

Members here please be careful giving advice to UK members. Unless you have good knowledge of the UK scene then it is unwise to offer advice.

The Marantz unit I recommended can be had on Amazon UK for $269 GBP. That is half the cost of the Parasound and likely the better unit.

I hoped I could find you a cheaper unit, but that is the lowest priced unit that is definitely a good unit. It is a top recommendation on Watt Hi-Fi and I would agree.

If it is a good reliable stand alone CD unit you want then that is your best bet.

T

timbat

Enthusiast
Sounds good. Just to check, what is the exact name of the Marantz player?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Sounds good. Just to check, what is the exact name of the Marantz player?
If you go back to my post 16 and click on I recommend this one which is highlighted in blue. It will tell you all about it, the vendors and prices.

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
The onlyo c 7030 could be an option too ... but the marantz is a good choice

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

The onlyo c 7030 could be an option too ... but the marantz is a good choice

Onkyo gear is renowned for blowing up, not a good choice.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
You can use either without a remote.

However the Parasound unit cost 449 GBP in the UK. That is equivalent of $670 US dollars.

Members here please be careful giving advice to UK members. Unless you have good knowledge of the UK scene then it is unwise to offer advice.

The Marantz unit I recommended can be had on Amazon UK for $269 GBP. That is half the cost of the Parasound and likely the better unit.

I hoped I could find you a cheaper unit, but that is the lowest priced unit that is definitely a good unit. It is a top recommendation on Watt Hi-Fi and I would agree.

If it is a good reliable stand alone CD unit you want then that is your best bet.
Geez! Yes, I did not realize the situation in the UK!

For $670, there are much better options than the zCD. At $200, there aren't many better options, maybe 1 or 2 equal options in my opinion.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Geez! Yes, I did not realize the situation in the UK!

For $670, there are much better options than the zCD. At $200, there aren't many better options, maybe 1 or 2 equal options in my opinion.
Sorry Slipper, but your conversion is still off. That Marantz player, is 269 GBP, which is actually $400 in US funds. Interestingly that is the same cost as the US price of that player.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
If you go back to my post 16 and click on I recommend this one which is highlighted in blue. It will tell you all about it, the vendors and prices.
I was simply using this info from your post #22:

Regardless, my point is that the zCD is a fine player for the used price of $200 US, and is well worth it at $300 US. But I would look at other options beyond that price point.

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
Onkyo gear is renowned for blowing up, not a good choice.
My own experience with Onkyo products is solid in terms of performance and durability. Note that it was not with the C 7030 but with 2 separate AV receivers.

The C 7030 got good revoew if you look around

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I know this is probably too late, but I really like my TEAC CD-P650. Peace and goodwill.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Go with Marantz... It's a fantastic player and you are not going to find anything better at that price point. I have the CD6004 and it hasn't skipped a beat ever.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
No problems so far with my Marantz CD5004, purchased in 2013. If this one ever dies I'd get one of the newer models from Marantz.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis