cd player only under 500.00

T

Tru

Audiophyte
I purchased an oppo under the understanding that it was cd audiophile grade. It is not. Can anyone tell me the best cd player to hook up to a macintosh preamp? Oppo is telling me to send the oppo back and purchase the 83. Is NAD568 audiophile grade? Asking for help to get the best deal for the money.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Since almost all disc players are audiophile quality these days, just exactly what is it you're looking for? What was wrong with the Oppo (which is one of the better players out there)?

Definition of audiophile: A hi-fi enthusiast. Pretty much anyone participating on these fora are audiophiles....

T

Tru

Audiophyte
I have an adcon 700 cd player. Macintosh c28 pre amp. Adcom 55 amp. Looking to get a really good cd to match welborn speakers. Sounds wonderful. Oppo was not even close to the adcom. Not even close. I was told new NAD c568 was netter than adcom 700. Maybe I have a great cd player and am searching for a needle in a haystack. Just asking what people have that is audiophile grade without emptying my wallet. Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What was different? You use the player with analog or digital output?

nm, see your pre is analog only. Still curious what issues/problems the player had, tho.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
WHICH Oppo did you buy? When we say Oppo is among the best, that will usually refer to the 105 not the 103.

wldock

wldock

Enthusiast
It sounds like you are looking for the BDP-105. Better power supply, better DAC, and analog multi channel and stereo outputs. That unit and BDP-95, BDP-83SE are the audiophile units for 2 channel stereo.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
It sounds like you are looking for the BDP-105. Better power supply, better DAC, and analog multi channel and stereo outputs. That unit and BDP-95, BDP-83SE are the audiophile units for 2 channel stereo.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
The new OPPO UDP203 is an excellent Blu-ray, CD, SACD and DVD Audio player. Maybe someone would have to pay 10 times more to have a subtil improvement, but he would definitely pay for the brand name, an audiophool brand.

M

mr sarnoff

Audioholic Intern
I purchased an oppo under the understanding that it was cd audiophile grade. It is not. Can anyone tell me the best cd player to hook up to a macintosh preamp? Oppo is telling me to send the oppo back and purchase the 83. Is NAD568 audiophile grade? Asking for help to get the best deal for the money.
Get a cheap but decent Blu Ray player like a Sony or Samsung for under a benjamin and use HDMI out for external decoding , Loose the coaters or digitize them correctly to spinning metal with a PC ODD and or instead just get millions of losless 16/44 FLAC tracks and albums you can't possibly have the room to conveniently organize and store on CD media at Tidal Hi Fi premium 16/44 FLAC streaming on a compatible device or Win. PC/MAC PC and Chrome and a not spendy competent DAC or a decent AVR or media player or HD player or PC with competent DAC in the device or USB DAC .

PCM 44/1 audio data doesn't care if it comes off a HDD or spendy CD player not expensive BD player or PC ODD or spendy HDD player , it's usually more stable off a HDD anyway and WAY faster to switch tracks ,albums ,songs and load and you can view the cover art and metadata with a PC .

HDMI can do 2.0 hires and muklti channel hires also but HDMI ARC is constrained to 2.0 lossless or up to 7.1 protected content audio /vidio data just like optical data .

Tidal FLAC 16/44 is better than 99.9 % of commercial CD but it all starts with a good recording/mix either way .

The usual provenance at Tidal Hi FI FLAC are 24 bit mixes and 24 bit digitized analog contact media from the labels before CD media mixing in POST and they are only truncated to 16 bit FLAC without audio degradation before steaming .

CD and NEW CDP are foolish in 2017 unless you have one already you like or haven't digitized your CD collection correctly but a PC ODD is as good as anthing for all that or playing CD for external PCM/44 decoding ,they get buffed to volatile memory within RBCD error tolerance you cant hear anyway you don't hear them so much as exactly what they are spinning to the Optical reader in real time like a vinyl record.

Outside of a poor mix you can't fix with a spendy CDP or spendy good for nothing bling cables digital artifacts are inaudible below the RBCD or 16 bit lower nyquist rate you cant hear anyway .

If you understand digital music at all ,you should know all this or at least understand it now ,but if you don't ,you don't and will continue the futility of CDP use and maybe spendy exotic metal fool cables .☺

Outside of that a HDD and not spendy competent dac is the thing now ouside of lossless streaming or with it and maybe loose the ancient plastic coasters altogether or store them , analog out from a CDP is wholly unnecessary in 2017 and yesterday's news and BD are getting there ☺

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis