Carada screens:Out of business

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I used to check these guys out a few years ago to fantasize about going huge projector and screen. I just went for some reason check what was going on with them and there is NOTHING going on with them. Says Sorry we're closed. Any inside info on why, or what happened? Seemed like nice products at great prices. Just curious as to what might of happened. They just closed Jan. 4th too.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I haven't heard anything, but overall I'm not surprised. While they did offer one of the better products out there, it's hard to argue with Silver Ticket and Elite with their screens that cost less than half the price of Carada.

I think they really missed out on diversifying their product lineup over the years and while they had a great product in comparison to the DaLite, Draper, and Stewart standard products, they were likely getting hammered by Elite/Silver Ticket.

I'm not happy about this as it was a product I really liked in my installations, but I've really been pretty happy with what I've seen from others that are less money. I mean, you hang it on the wall and then walk away. It needs to look acceptable for most. Once you are ready to move up to a premium color balanced screen, Carada didn't have anything. They needed more materials and they really did need to come in with a few more price conscious products for the really budget minded.

Sorry to see them go.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the reply, I followed them from a far as I thought it was like an independent projector screen manufacturer and I found that interesting. I thought they were the cheap alternative, but I see that wasn't the case. Interesting info though, thanks.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I got my Silver Ticket 150" Screen for $450 brand new from Amazon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis