skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
We saw this one tonight and it's quite good. I don't know the original story at all, so I went in fresh, but the story held together, the FX were excellent, acting was as good as it needed to be and it was enjoyable. I'm not a big fan of 3D, but at least it didn't do much harm (although I do think that it reduces the sharpness of the image).

3D aside, I really liked the 40's Moderne, sepia-tinted art design and the ernest-ness of the WW II era plot. The Nazis spit out their evil words and get down into occult science, and general Nazi weirdness. Captain America saves the world for goodness and the American Way. It's definitely a weekend popcorn movie, but plenty of superhero movies are much worse.

BTW, if you see it, be sure to endure the credits, because there's a trailer for the 2012 sequel. A couple parts of the movie are setups for the next movie too. The credits go on forever, because there must have been about a thousand people doing digital imaging, FX, etc.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

BTW, if you see it, be sure to endure the credits, because there's a trailer for the 2012 sequel. A couple parts of the movie are setups for the next movie too. The credits go on forever, because there must have been about a thousand people doing digital imaging, FX, etc.
Yep, there sure are a lot of names doing the digital images. Sat through the credits on Transformer 3 hoping but nothing. Maybe those previews are for Marvel comics?

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Yep, there sure are a lot of names doing the digital images. Sat through the credits on Transformer 3 hoping but nothing. Maybe those previews are for Marvel comics?
It would be a spoiler to spill the beans on the trailer.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It would be a spoiler to spill the beans on the trailer.
Didn't want a spoiler;) but it is good to know to stay to the very end:D unlike our disappointing wait in Transformer3, nothing. I guess those didn't have anything in the 1st two either. Green Lantern has on too.

C

cvcgolf

Audioholic
This movie kicked ***.. Loved the whole retro look of the old days.. The cars, vintage clothing, music and the patriotic dance number with the women dressed in the sexy, cute red white and blue outfits.. So great and the tune was written by Alan Menken so that's why it was so catchy.. No boring love story or stupid comedic dialog to bog down the movie either.. If there's a sequel I'm there!

C

cvcgolf

Audioholic
The preview is for the movie, The Avengers.. I was talking about a Captain America sequel..

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I never cared for Captain America but this movie looks good. I loved Iron Man and Thor so I will give this one a whirl over the weekend!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The preview is for the movie, The Avengers.. I was talking about a Captain America sequel..
Oh, so it is just another superhero preview, bummer:eek:
At least the Green Lantern had its sequel perview:D

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
I never cared for Captain America but this movie looks good. I loved Iron Man and Thor so I will give this one a whirl over the weekend!
Gene, did you get my email to you?

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
The wife and I are going to try and see this tonight -- wanted to see it opening weekend, but we were just too busy. Looks promising, although not sure if I buy Chris Evans in the lead (I keep thinking of him as Johnny Storm in F4, and I think that was a mistake to cast the same guy from two different comic film adaptations) and it looked kind of creepy in the trailers when his head is kind of "superimposed" on a scrawny body before he gets the super soldier injections...

That aside, this has been a highly anticipated adaptation from the Marvel universe, especially after the cheesy disaster the first time around from the '80s. Remember that one?

Will be very interesting to see how The Avengers ties all these characters together, especially with Cap coming from the World War era, Tony Stark finding his shield in Iron Man 2, etc. etc...

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw it last night in the theatre. I really liked Ricky-Lee Jones hard *** character and his one liners. Capatain America stayed the sappy virtuosu one which was to be expectedt so he played his part well. Sound affects were good. Its too bad I was in a a crappy theater. The movie itself was good and I plan on owning it in BluRay along with the Green Lantern and Thor.

Now about this 3D....... Maybe its the poor quality theater I was in but I noticed a hell of alot of blurring with the glasses ON. Anyone else experience that? This was a reallly big damper in my enjoyment of this film. I'm definately NOT a fan of 3D as I feel way too much visula inofrmation is lost trying to make it 3 dimensional. I'll take a regualr movie over 3D anyday.

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
Missed it again last night -- will probably see it tonight after a meeting I have. I don't care for 3D either.

I am definitely getting Thor on BD when it's released, but I haven't seen Green Lantern yet.

C

cvcgolf

Audioholic
I really liked Ricky-Lee Jones hard *** character.. LOL!

The end trailer didn't show much at all.. If you want to get up and leave you'll be fine and won't be missing much.. Listening to the cool music as the credits roll is more rewarding then the trailer..

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Now about this 3D....... Maybe its the poor quality theater I was in but I noticed a hell of alot of blurring with the glasses ON. Anyone else experience that? This was a reallly big damper in my enjoyment of this film. I'm definately NOT a fan of 3D as I feel way too much visula inofrmation is lost trying to make it 3 dimensional. I'll take a regualr movie over 3D anyday.
My experience too. The 3D was lacking in clarity and resolution and darkened the screen. A good 2D would definitely be preferable.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it. After so many awful attempts at the character -- forget the 1940s serial -- the '70s TV version of a muscle-bound surfer dude who wore a motorcycle helmet and had a see-through plastic shield, to the 90s one that was true to the costume but was just a horrible movie, this one was a joy to watch.

P

PearlcorderS701

Banned
Saw this yesterday and really enjoyed it. After so many awful attempts at the character -- forget the 1940s serial -- the '70s TV version of a muscle-bound surfer dude who wore a motorcycle helmet and had a see-through plastic shield, to the 90s one that was true to the costume but was just a horrible movie, this one was a joy to watch.
That "other" Captain America film -- the really cheesy one -- was from the '90s?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked up the 2D bluray version of this flick maybe a month ago when it first came out and I just sat down this weekend to watch it. From an affects point of view, this film is solid with vivid details that jumps out and grabs you. This picture looks so much better in detail in 2D on my Vizio than the 3D version in the theater. The audio portion walked in step with the video performance delivering deep impactful bass and a surround speaker workout with crips clear sound. The story line was OK. I whole heartedly recommend this bluray for mindless entertainment that will assault your visual and hearing senses and leave you wearing a big smile. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis