Caper's fully wall-mounted modest HT room

caper26

caper26

Full Audioholic
Hi all. Another first "real" HT setup here. Upgraded from an almost 10 yr old Kenwood HTiB. Thanks to this forum and others for advice.

The side walls are blue; tv wall grey.
Equipment:
  • 47LG55 1080P (47" LCD) with tilting/swiveling mount, and LED strip lights for bias lighting
  • Yamaha RX-V565 receiver
  • PS3 blue ray/media center/console wired to PC for HD streaming
  • Portable 500 GB USB drive for HD audio playback on PS3
  • Eastlink HD cable DVR
  • Wii with 3rd party USB sensor bar (see below)
  • Energy Take FPS for L/C/R
  • Energy Take LCR for surround and surround back (4 total)
  • Monitor Audio RS-W12 sub
  • 2 leather love-seat dual-recliners
If you look at the pics, you will notice how the blue changes with the camera angle and flash.

I used Legrand/Wiremold self-adhesive wire raceway above baseboards. I painted them before installing. They are older type and the corner fittings dont fit, but are behind the bar fridge anyway. I also ran a narrow one up beside the brick of the wood stove for routing to ceiling speakers. Another narrow raceway was used on the surround left speaker since it was right on an outside corner, with wide beams bhind the sheet rock, making fishing next to impossible. I ran the piece all the way to the ceiling because it would look awkward if it only went half way up. I then used the cut off piece to make a "T" juntion to the speaker.

I used 14 awg CL2 (in-wall rated) speaker wire, and a large guage 15' premium HDMI cable from monprice.
The outlet system was by Powerbridge (in-wall power extension) with low voltage pass-thru.

For Wii, I used a USB powered wide sensor bar, connected to TV's USB port for power.

The only wires I could not fish into the wall were the surround back. The floor joists run perpendicular. I was going to cut a narrow groove in the ceiling and then fill it, but the "textured" stuff cracks and shatters at randow directions from the pressure of the utility knife blade...so I just used staples to hold them up...

Here are some of the "before" shots:

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Nice job with the cables, but you should be playing mario kart 64 instead :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Looks good! How do you like the MA sub? Are you still planning on going DIY? Your seating looks mighty comfy - where'd you get it?

caper26

caper26

Full Audioholic
Looks good! How do you like the MA sub? Are you still planning on going DIY? Your seating looks mighty comfy - where'd you get it?
The MA sub really is a great sub (For $400 used), but I doubt it's worth $1399+tax MSRP...It is VERY tight and sounds great, but most people agree the "low-end" is lacking. Still plan on moving it upstairs to compliment the RC70s I just hooked up to the RX-V863 that just came in on Fri. I am seriously looking at the CSS DIY or a SVS PC12-NSD DSP. I think I will probably save and get the SVS, but I seem to change my mind weekly!! I won't be for some time, but I wanted to have all the research done so when I had the $$$, I could just order it and not waste a month researching with the cash burning holes in my pockets :p
The seats I bought at Leons (Canada). [The Trisha Collection Reclining Loveseat]
For some reason, the camera makes the leather look old, faded, and used up...reflection or something...they do in fact look deep black and new :D Yes they are super comfy. Both sides recline all the way, and they are the "wall-away" or "wall-hugger" design where they slide away from the wall when they recline so you only need like couple inches tops behind them. I actually have 2 of these. One is along the side wall in this picture. I measured the room width before ordering, so I can fit 2 of them side by side and still get into the room between them. Next time I have them that way, I will take a pic and add it.

Nice job with the cables, but you should be playing mario kart 64 instead :D
heh heh. Never had a 64 :( I think they came out when I was in university taking comp eng...Got a PS2 in 2000 after I graduated, now PS3. Got the Wii for wife 2009 because we played MK at a friend's house and she seemed to like it...now I play it and she doesn't, lol. Thanks for the compliments on the cables. I hated my previous system with them laying on the floor along the baseboards going all around the room, as well as hanging down the walls from speakers...
Oh yeah, the wires along the floor in the pic with the sub are now all in the raceway behind it...
I guess I should add that the cabinet in the picture with the surround speakers is a dart board!

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
You can get mario kart 64 from the wii's virtual console shop along with many other classics :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis