Can't connect Denon AVR E300 wirelessly

S

Stephen1991

Audiophyte
I have the Denon AVR E300, an ASUS RT-N66R router, and a Netgear WNCE2001 wireless adapter. I can't get the E300 to connect to the internet using this setup. Any suggestions?

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
I have the Denon AVR E300, an ASUS RT-N66R router, and a Netgear WNCE2001 wireless adapter. I can't get the E300 to connect to the internet using this setup. Any suggestions?
First thing, look up the Mac addresses of the AVR and the adapter and see if they show up on the routing list.

Are you connecting your AVR to your network for the first time? If so, try and establish a temporary wired Ethernet connection either by using a long cable or relocating the AVR close enough to the router. Use the cable that you are using for the adapter-AVR connection.

If you still can't establish connection, then it's down to the AVR, the router, and/or cable between.

Once you know you can establish network access, then try the adapter.

You could also try the adapter on another device that you know will access your network.

Note I haven't said "Internet" yet. Make sure you can establish network access first.

I've made some assumptions with these suggestions so skip any step that you already have confirmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
At this point it is impossible to say if it is a settings issue in either of three devices or bad wire or something else.

Try using the Netgear device with a laptop or PC. This removes the AVR as a variable. As suggested by Nestor, try the AVR wired connection too. This removes the Netgear as a variable.

Settings like IP/MAC Address Filtering, incorrect password for WiFi network, not broadcasting SSID, etc. may also cause the network connection to not be successfully established.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis