Can You Help Identifying My Speakers

E

etoinshrdlu

Audiophyte
I bought a stereo from a very old friend who doesn't know much about electronics but got the gear from someone who owed him a couple if grand. The system includes two JBL bi-amped speakers, A MacIntosh 2100, a Carver M400 and a Nakamichi crossover with power amp. Incredible sound but I have spent quite a lot of time on line trying to identify the speakers with no luck. They are much larger than any JBLs I have found so far (42"x26"x16"). The closest possibility I found so far was the JBL was developing a successor to the L200s which would have been called the L300s but dropped the project as consumers had turned to smaller speakers. The may be R&D prototypes. The woofer is a 15 inch. Any help would be much appreciated. Being a Newbie to the forum they won't let me post pix or my email but if you would like them please respond to my post and I will send them to you.
Doug

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
You know what they say about one photo tells a 1000 words ;):D
Yes, I know you can't use attachments yet, but after 5 posts you could upload the photos to shared site, like photobucket and post links here

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The closest possibility I found so far was the JBL was developing a successor to the L200s which would have been called the L300s but dropped the project as consumers had turned to smaller speakers. The may be R&D prototypes. The woofer is a 15 inch. Any help would be much appreciated. Being a Newbie to the forum they won't let me post pix or my email but if you would like them please respond to my post and I will send them to you.
JBL made a L300 - Your measurements are bigger than this.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Are these tapered off from front to rear?
If you are asking about the L300

Top depth, from front to back, measuring over the radiused corner 15 1/2 "

Bottom depth, from front to back, measuring over the radiused corner 19 1/4"

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
If you are asking about the L300

Top depth, from front to back, measuring over the radiused corner 15 1/2 "

Bottom depth, from front to back, measuring over the radiused corner 19 1/4"
No, I don't mean the L300 which I am not familiar with. I have only owned L-45 Flairs, L-65 Jubals (4 of them) and the L-100. I did see a pair that looked almost like a coffin. This goes back to around 79.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
No, I don't mean the L300 which I am not familiar with. I have only owned L-45 Flairs, L-65 Jubals (4 of them) and the L-100. I did see a pair that looked almost like a coffin. This goes back to around 79.
OK, thanks.

E

etoinshrdlu

Audiophyte
JBL made a L300 - Your measurements are bigger than this.
They are large rectangular boxes. Some of the largest boxes I have except for some speakers I made back in the late 80s.
Doug

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I just noticed something on that price list. I paid more for the L-65 Jubals then for the L-45 Flairs. It should have been vice versa. I have to go to see this dealer, he is still in business.
Ok, have fun!

E

etoinshrdlu

Audiophyte
Herr are pix.of the speakers

Here arr pox. The only into I hot on these was from the original owner who thought they were protypes of yhr discontinued L400 project. But that was only conjecture. They fl use L91 lenses.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis