Can you EVER be hungry enbough to eat an Al Gore?

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
http://www.theage.com.au/news/epicure/natural-selection/2007/08/27/1188066984218.html
OMG.... this is so funny, you should put all beverages or food Items away before you read because you might accidentally choke with laughter. You certainly, absolutely, positively don't want to accidentally choke..........well............if you happen to be munching on some Al Gore!! (and didn't know it)

---------------------------------------------------------------
EVEN without the current climate change fervour, "The Al Gore" looks set to become a culinary curio when the latest expo juggernaut rolls into town next month.

The takeaway mutton dish - named after the former US vice-president - will be on the menu at the 2007 Organic Expo at Carlton's Royal Exhibition Building from September 7-9. Enter the The Al Gore. In a nod to the world's greenhouse woes, the dish is a concoction dreamed up by expo caterers Scott Kinnear and Gary Thomas. It's an organic mix of chunked mutton and aromatic root vegetables to be sold at the expo's humble kiosk near a life-sized cutout of climate change crusader, Al Gore, mouthing the words "conveniently good for you and the environment".

As an additional enticement for more serious greenies, Kinnear and Thomas say no ingredient will have travelled more than 100 kilometres from production to plate. The idea is to highlight carbon-emission damage to the environment from food that travels far from its source.

Last edited:
Haoleb

Haoleb

Am i missing something or does your culinary vocabulary not extend beyond "i'll have a number 3".. "oh and supersize it" :confused::confused:

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Choke with laughter? I didn't find anything funny about it at all.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Am i missing something or does your culinary vocabulary not extend beyond "i'll have a number 3".. "oh and supersize it" :confused::confused:
Maybe the "Al Gore" meal is old news for young schoolboy sophisticates like yourself, but it's pretty funny and fresh to me:D

PS... Where did that response come from anyway? Why would you suggest that I'm a Fast Food simpleton because I think the "Al Gore" eco-meal is funny? Considering that you're just a 21 year old schoolboy.... the "supersize it" response 'no doubt' applies more to you than it does me.

Since you asked... YES.....when I was a punk college kid, I did eat my share of fast food. However, not so much in recent decades.

Last edited:
J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
All right, all right. Let's tone it down B nut.

Nowhere did anyone call you a Fast Food simpleton .

Those are your words. And don't feel so bad. A couple of the old guys around here (not MDS or Haoleb) fail to get my humor. Oh well.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't see the humor either. I was rolling on the floor at the misappropriation of Hominum (google it...#1)...whereas the day after today was quite indignant about it. C'est La Vie!

B

Buckeye_Nut

All right, all right. Let's tone it down B nut.

Nowhere did anyone call you a Fast Food simpleton .
You had better brush up on your reading comprehension skills. Does everything always have to be spelled out for you in plain english for you to understand what is being said?

He was clearly insinuating that I am culinary challenged..... which is pretty funny coming from a schoolboy.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Maybe the "Al Gore" meal is old news for elitists like you, but it's pretty funny and fresh to me:D

PS... Where did that response come from anyway? Why would you suggest that I'm a Fast Food simpleton because I think the "Al Gore" eco-meal is funny? Considering that you're just a 21 year old schoolboy.... the "supersize" response 'no doubt' applies more to you than it does me.

Is that the lib elitist in you sneaking out?
Liberal Elitist? Yeah, ok.

I suppose the fact you thought the "al gore" meal was funny led me to believe that perhaps in your mind some kind of organic food is "fruity" and the idea of eating something that wasnt mass produced in a factory with chemicals and grown in who knows what kind of material, modified genetically to yield high output just didnt seem right.

I'm sorry if you felt my post was some kind of personal attack. I can see how it would be taken that way but that was not the intention.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
You had better brush up on your reading comprehension skills. Does everything always have to be spelled out for you in plain english for you to understand what is being said?
Geeez...I wasn't fightin ya. My reading skills are quite fine thank you. Where do you come off writing everything has to be spelled out for me? I'm not not pouring gasoline on the fire...just trying to quell it.

Actually, I have a fairly good command of the English language...it's the typing skills that I sorely lack.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Liberal Elitist? Yeah, ok.

I'm sorry if you felt my post was some kind of personal attack. I can see how it would be taken that way but that was not the intention.
When you insinuate that anothers knowledge doesn't extend beyond a #3 meal.....you have to expect a biting response.

Anyway......Apology accepted;)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
When you insinuate that anothers knowledge doesn't extend beyond a #3 meal
But you have to admit...if you take yourself out of the equation, that was a funny metaphor in comparison to your parody?. :) Wasn't this thread about humor? I got a chuckle.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

1. It contains mutton braized in wine. I'm in.

2. The 'Al Gore' would be funny if it were something Al would clearly NOT endorse. A burger made from polar bears and imported beef, cooked over coal, and served on plates carved from topical wood would be funny.

B

Buckeye_Nut

But you have to admit...if you take yourself out of the equation, that was a funny metaphor in comparison to your parody?. :) Wasn't this thread about humor? I got a chuckle.
When you quoted my post, you left off the best part of that post.......... the pun ending. :)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Well now that's just rude. ;)

I truly believe he was sincere in his apology. You now ought to apologize to him. :p

And I'm with you R&R: mutton, open grill and some drinks....I'm game too.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Why is this any funnier than, say, having an ice cream called "Cherry Garcia"?
Naming foods after celebrities is such a common practice that there is really nothing funny (or even particularly interesting) about it. The organic angle makes sense also, given Mr. Gore's highly publicized environmental concerns.
The dish itself sounds rather unappealing, mostly because I don't care for mutton.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe with some ketchup and habanero peppers. 2X4s don't taste good, hard on the chompers, dry, woody....I guess if I had nothing else to eat.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
The organic angle makes sense also, given Mr. Gore's highly publicized environmental concerns.
Environmentalists don't want us to eat meat because it takes vast amounts of grain to feed the livestock. The environmentally friendly choice when eating sheep would be to eat lamb, which only needs to feed for less than a year becoming food.

So this is the perfect Algore. It looks and sounds environmentally friendly, but it isn't, really.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
I don't find the article funny either...but oh what the hell..good thing to read though.
B, you need to chill out a bit. Not everyone's comment meant to attack you personally. Biting all odd/offensive comments with harsh responses may only develop a less than pleasant picture of yourself on how you handle anger and frustation. I have high regards for you and I am kinda surprised to see how quickly you bite into that one comment...;) No offense...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis