Can i do something about this frequency dip?

O

Oggaaaa

Audioholic Intern
Skärmbild 2024-02-08 102352.png

Denon X3800H running audyssey xt32. SVS Ultra 5.2.2 system. Dual PC-4000 subs.

- The measurements is on the left and right frontspeakers with the subs on.
- Green line is with 110hz crossover
- Blue line with 60hz crossover.

Quite a heavy dip around 65hz.

Audyssey set front speakers distance to 2,7m. Subs to 3,7m. Subs are in the front corners.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
That dip is most likely a room node. Did you do a sub crawl to find the best spots for the subs?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Opposite corners on the same wall? That is likely a problem.

O

Oggaaaa

Audioholic Intern
That dip is most likely a room node. Did you do a sub crawl to find the best spots for the subs?
I can't really switch the position of the subs. Either the subs or frontspeakers in the corners. I can move the sofa forward or backward tho.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Is the couch also near the wall? Room modes are far more common in the center of the room and in the midpoint of the walls, so I would maybe try moving forward and backward around the MLP to see if it improves.

Any chance one sub could go in the opposite corner on the opposite wall? (not likely I am guessing) And, room dimensions? Is the room more rectangular or squarish? When I had a nearly square room, it was a nightmare because my MLP was closer to the center of the room. Bass would be strong everywhere except the MLP, so I had to move my sub and my couch to mitigate it.

Last edited:
O

Oggaaaa

Audioholic Intern
Is the couch also near the wall? Room modes are far more common in the center of the room and in the midpoint of the walls, so I would maybe try moving forward and backward around the MLP to see if it improves.

Any chance one sub could go in the opposite corner on the opposite wall? (not likely I am guessing) And, room dimensions? Is the room more rectangular or squarish?
The room is 6,8x3,7m rectangular shape. The sofa is in the middle of the room så it's about 3,5m to the back wall. I could place one sub in the back corner but it would require som discussion with the GF

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The room is 6,8x3,7m. The sofa is in the middle of the room så it's about 3,5m to the back wall. I could place one sub in the back corner but it would require som discussion with the GF
When I had a nearly square room, it was a nightmare because my MLP was closer to the center of the room. Bass would be strong everywhere except the MLP, so I had to move my sub and my couch to mitigate it. Maybe try adjusting the couch first?

O

Oggaaaa

Audioholic Intern
When I had a nearly square room, it was a nightmare because my MLP was closer to the center of the room. Bass would be strong everywhere except the MLP, so I had to move my sub and my couch to mitigate it. Maybe try adjusting the couch first?
I will try that and take some more measurements, thanks.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I will try that and take some more measurements, thanks.
It is helpful to have the room dimensions as the two nulls calculate out to what you would expect from the room dimensions.

Your best solution is to put one of the subs in the back is the room and adjust the phase controls until you minimize the null.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis